Map Colton's township map of the State of Ohio. Township map of the State of Ohio
About this Item
- Colton's township map of the State of Ohio.
- Township map of the State of Ohio
- Colton, J. H. (Joseph Hutchins), 1800-1893, cartographer.
- Fillmore, Millard, 1800-1874, collector.
Created / Published
- New York : published by J.H. Colton, 1851.
- - Ohio--Administrative and political divisions--Maps
- - United States--Ohio
- - Prime meridian: Washington D.C.
- - LC copy: Hand colored. Signed in ink script on verso: Millard Fillmore March 1853.
- - "Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1851 by J.H. Colton in the Clerk's Office of the District Court for the Southern District of New York."
- - Includes table of "Census of the State of Ohio."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand colored ; 58 x 64 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4081.F7 1851 .C6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Colton, J. H. , Cartographer, and Millard Fillmore. Colton's township map of the State of Ohio. New York: published by J.H. Colton, 1851. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018586202/.
APA citation style:
Colton, J. H. & Fillmore, M. (1851) Colton's township map of the State of Ohio. New York: published by J.H. Colton. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018586202/.
MLA citation style:
Colton, J. H. , Cartographer, and Millard Fillmore. Colton's township map of the State of Ohio. New York: published by J.H. Colton, 1851. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018586202/>.