Map Map of the seat of war in the northern part of Europe.
About this Item
- Map of the seat of war in the northern part of Europe.
- Stockdale, John, 1749?-1814, cartographer, publisher.
Created / Published
- London : Published by John Stockdale, Piccadilly, 25th July 1812.
- - Europe--Maps
- - Europe--Administrative and political divisions--History--18th century--Maps
- - Napoleonic Wars, 1800-1815--Maps
- - Europe
- - General-content map of the countries of Europe (northern, central, and eastern) in which the Napoleonic Wars were taking place.
- - Does not show war-related features.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Handwritten Millard Fillmore signature is not present on any of the sheets.
- - Hand colored to emphasize country and empire boundaries.
- - When affixed to the cloth backing each map sheet was sectioned to 15 panels.
- - Printed in 4 segments (sheets--NW/NE/SW/SE).
- - LC sheets imperfect: Use-worn, cloth backing (verso) stained along some fold lines, LC acquisition rubber-stamping in map area on each sheet.
- - Includes text on northeastern sheet titled: Changes in the geographical divisions of Europe since 1779.
- - Sheets annotated on verso in ink handwriting on cloth backing or on affixed marbled paper slip to identify sheet coverage.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- 1 map on 4 sheets : color, mounted on cloth backing ; 139 x 153 cm, sheets 72 x 80 cm and 73 x 80 cm, folded to 24 x 16 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G5700 1812 .S8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Stockdale, John, 1749?-1814, Cartographer, Publisher. Map of the seat of war in the northern part of Europe. London: Published by John Stockdale, Piccadilly, 25th July, 1812. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018588030/.
APA citation style:
Stockdale, J. (1812) Map of the seat of war in the northern part of Europe. London: Published by John Stockdale, Piccadilly, 25th July. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018588030/.
MLA citation style:
Stockdale, John, 1749?-1814, Cartographer, Publisher. Map of the seat of war in the northern part of Europe. London: Published by John Stockdale, Piccadilly, 25th July, 1812. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018588030/>.