Map Hellespont or channel of the Dardanelles
About this Item
- Hellespont or channel of the Dardanelles
- Annin & Smith, cartographer, engraver.
- Fillmore, Millard, 1800-1874, collector.
Created / Published
- [Boston, Mass.] : [publisher not identified] , [1830?]
- - Dardanelles Strait (Turkey)--Maps
- - Turkey--Dardanelles Strait
- - Relief shown by hachures; depths shown by soundings.
- - When affixed to the cloth backing the map sheet was sectioned to 3 panels to enable folding.
- - Handwritten signature of Millard Fillmore is not present.
- - LC sheet imperfect: Lightly foxed, additionally fold-lined, hemmed by pink fabric.
- - Includes 2 bar scales: French leagues of 2500 toises -- 10000 French toises.
- - Filing title in ink script on cover verso: Hellespont or Dardanells [thus], No. 156.
- - Paper tab with ink script affixed to cover verso: Hellespont of Dardanells [thus] in Turkey--No.156.
- - In upper margin at right: Plate II.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- 1 map : mounted on cloth backing ; 23 x 40 cm, folded to 25 x 14 cm, in cover 25 x 14 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G7432.D3 1830 .A5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Annin & Smith, Cartographer, Engraver, and Millard Fillmore. Hellespont or channel of the Dardanelles. [Boston, Mass.: publisher not identified ?, 1830] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018588034/.
APA citation style:
Annin & Smith, C. & Fillmore, M. (1830) Hellespont or channel of the Dardanelles. [Boston, Mass.: publisher not identified ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018588034/.
MLA citation style:
Annin & Smith, Cartographer, Engraver, and Millard Fillmore. Hellespont or channel of the Dardanelles. [Boston, Mass.: publisher not identified ?, 1830] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018588034/>.