Map The state of Massachusetts
About this Item
- The state of Massachusetts
- Contributor Names
- Lewis, Samuel, 1753 or 1754-1822, cartographer.
- Carey, Mathew, 1760-1839.
- Created / Published
- [Philadelphia] : [Matthew Carey], [1795?]
- Subject Headings
- - Massachusetts--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Massachusetts
- Early maps
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Prime meridians: London and Philadelphia.
- - LC copy torn from upper right corner, mended with paper and tape on verso. Loss in upper right margin mended on recto with cloth.
- - Wheat & Brun 1969, 213
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 35 x 47 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3760 1795 .L4
- G3760 1795 .L4 Copy 2. From Benton Jones collection. Foxed and mounted on cloth.
- G3760 1795 .L4 Copy 4. Hand colored. Reinforced on verso with cloth tape. "28" in pen-and-ink in upper right corner.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Relief shown pictorially. Prime meridians: London and Philadelphia. LC copy torn from upper right corner, mended with paper and tape on verso. Loss in upper right margin mended on recto with cloth. Wheat & Brun 1969, 213 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lewis, Samuel, 1753 Or , Cartographer, and Mathew Carey. The state of Massachusetts. [Philadelphia: Matthew Carey, ?, 1795] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018590105/.
APA citation style:
Lewis, S. & Carey, M. (1795) The state of Massachusetts. [Philadelphia: Matthew Carey, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018590105/.
MLA citation style:
Lewis, Samuel, 1753 Or , Cartographer, and Mathew Carey. The state of Massachusetts. [Philadelphia: Matthew Carey, ?, 1795] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018590105/>.