About this Item
- Contributor Names
- Scott, Joseph (Geographer), cartographer.
- Scott, Joseph (Geographer).
- Created / Published
- [Philadelphia] : [Francis and Robert Bailey], [1795?]
- Subject Headings
- - Massachusetts--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Massachusetts
- Early maps
- - State I, according to Wheat & Brun.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Prime meridian: Philadelphia.
- - LC copy mounted on cloth backed paper.
- - Wheat & Brun 1969, 216
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 14 x 17 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3760 1795 .S3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- OCLC Number
- State I, according to Wheat & Brun. Relief shown pictorially. Prime meridian: Philadelphia. LC copy mounted on cloth backed paper. Wheat & Brun 1969, 216 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Scott, Joseph , Cartographer, and Joseph Scott. Massachusetts. [Philadelphia: Francis and Robert Bailey, ?, 1795] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018590108/.
APA citation style:
Scott, J. & Scott, J. (1795) Massachusetts. [Philadelphia: Francis and Robert Bailey, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018590108/.
MLA citation style:
Scott, Joseph , Cartographer, and Joseph Scott. Massachusetts. [Philadelphia: Francis and Robert Bailey, ?, 1795] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018590108/>.