Map Delaware from the best authorities
About this Item
- Delaware from the best authorities
- Contributor Names
- Carey, Mathew, 1760-1839, cartographer.
- Barker, W. (William), active 1795-1803, engraver.
- Carey, Mathew, 1760-1839.
- Created / Published
- [Philadelphia] : [Mathew Carey], [1795?]
- Subject Headings
- - Delaware--Early works to 1800--Maps
- - United States--Delaware
- Early maps
- - Prime meridian: Philadelphia.
- - LC copy trimmed to neat lines.
- - LC Trails, 40
- - Wheat & Brun 1969, 483
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 40 x 22 cm
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3830 1795 .C3
- G3830 1795 .C3 Copy 2. Hand colored. Mounted on cloth and laminated. Stamped on in lower left corner: 97. In ink in upper right: 34.
- G3830 1795 .C3 Copy 3. Uncolored. Mounted on cloth and laminated. Stamped on in upper left margin: 99.
- G3830 1795 .C3 Copy 4. Uncolored. Mounted on cloth. In ink in lower right: 34. From Benton-Jones collection. In pen on red bordered label on back: 132/28. From Carey's general atlas, 1796.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Prime meridian: Philadelphia. LC copy trimmed to neat lines. LC Trails, 40 Wheat & Brun 1969, 483 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights and Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Electronic Sources on the Learning Page.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Carey, Mathew, Cartographer, W Barker, and Mathew Carey. Delaware from the Best Authorities. [Philadelphia: Mathew Carey, ?, 1795] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018590122/.
APA citation style:
Carey, M., Barker, W. & Carey, M. (1795) Delaware from the Best Authorities. [Philadelphia: Mathew Carey, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018590122/.
MLA citation style:
Carey, Mathew, Cartographer, W Barker, and Mathew Carey. Delaware from the Best Authorities. [Philadelphia: Mathew Carey, ?, 1795] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018590122/>.