Film, Video [Sigmund Freud, original film--home movies. No. 2]. Freud, Sigmund, original film / Sigmund Freud--home movies
About this Item
- [Sigmund Freud, original film--home movies. No. 2].
- Other Title
- Freud, Sigmund, original film
- Sigmund Freud--home movies
- Compilation of various films. The montage begins with Sigmund and Martha Freud's fiftieth wedding anniversary celebration in Grinzing, Vienna, Austria, in September 1936. Family members, guests, and residents from the surrounding countryside are shown arriving and greeting the Freuds. The camera then follows the Brunswicks' daughter Matilda at play with another child, possibly a Freud granddaughter. Attached to these segments are earlier films showing Freud on the balcony at Lake Grundlsee in 1930 and later in Pötzleinsdorf, Vienna, Austria. At Pötzleinsdorf, Freud is shown reading a book while Martha Freud and Minna Bernays sit nearby at a table where they are joined by Princess Marie Bonaparte. A brief street scene follows showing Freud taking a walk. A copy of the film of Emanuel Löwy's visit with Freud in July 1932 is reintroduced here. The film ends with Sigmund Freud, Martha Freud, Minna Bernays, Princess Marie Bonaparte, and others admiring a child held by Ruth Mack Brunswick, possibly her daughter Matilda. Born in the United States in March 1929, her parents returned to Europe with her in the fall of that year.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Freud, Sigmund,--1856-1939--Family
- - Freud, Sigmund,--1856-1939--Friends and associates
- - Freud, Sigmund,--1856-1939--Homes and haunts
- - Freud, Martha,--1861-1951
- - Bernays, Minna
- - Bonaparte, Marie,--Princess,--1882-1962
- - Loewy, Em.--(Emanuel),--1857-1938
- - Brunswick, Ruth Mack,--1897-1946
- - Brunswick, Matilda,--1929
- - Pötzleinsdorf (Vienna, Austria)
- - Grinzing (Vienna, Austria)
- Amateur films
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - Appearing: Sigmund Freud, Martha Freud, Matilda Brunswick, Minna Bernays, Princess Marie Bonaparte, Emanuel Löwy, Ruth Mack Brunswick.
- - Filmed in 1929-1936 in Grinzing, Vienna, Austria, at Lake Grundlsee, Austria, and in Pötzleinsdorf, Vienna, Austria.
- - Summary, dates, locations and participants from Margaret McAleer, Senior Archives Specialist, LC Manuscript Division.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- 1 video file (digital, MPEG-4) (ca. 20 min.) : si., b&w.
- Source Collection
- Sigmund Freud Archives Collection (Library of Congress)
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress provides access to manuscripts at the Library of Congress for educational and research purposes and makes no warranty with regard to their use for other purposes.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
The Library believes a large portion of the materials in this collection, including Sigmund Freud's personal papers, is in the public domain in the United States. The Library has also obtained permission for the use of many other materials, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. There may also be content that is protected under the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
Some folders listed in the Sigmund Freud Papers finding aid (HTML and PDF) include links that read “Digital content not yet available,” which resolve to this Rights and Access page. Permission to display the contents of these folders has either been denied or is still pending. Please Ask a Manuscript Reference Librarian for more information.
If you have any further information about material in this collection, or if you own the copyright in collection materials, please send a query to Ask a Manuscript Reference Librarian and include a specific description of the material in question.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Manuscript Division, Sigmund Freud Papers.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sigmund Freud, original film--home movies. No. 2. [to 1936, 1929] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018600881/.
APA citation style:
(1929) Sigmund Freud, original film--home movies. No. 2. [to 1936] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018600881/.
MLA citation style:
Sigmund Freud, original film--home movies. No. 2. [to 1936, 1929] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018600881/>.
More Films, Videos like this
Film, Video[Pötzleinsdorf, July 1932, Professor, with Prof. Löwy-- Sigmund Freud--home movies]
Freud, Sigmund at Pötzleinsdorf, Vienna, Austria, July 1932 | Sigmund Freud--home movies Filmed in Pötzleinsdorf, Vienna, Austria, at a villa rented by the Freud family during the summers of 1931 and 1932. The film records a visit from Sigmund Freud's longtime friend Emanuel Löwy,...
- Contributor: Brunswick, Mark
- Date: 1932
Film, Video[Sigmund Freud at Grundlsee, Austria and Pötzleinsdorf, Vienna, Austria--home movies].
Freud, Sigmund at Pötzleinsdorf, Vienna, Austria | Sigmund Freud--home movies Compilation of various films. It opens with separate scenes of Sigmund and Martha Freud standing on a balcony or terrace overlooking the lake in Grundlsee, Austria, in late summer 1930. They are...
- Date: 1930
Film, Video[Home movies from Freud Archives, 1938-1939--Sigmund Freud--home movies]
Freud, Sigmund--home movies from Freud archives, 1937-1938 | Sigmund Freud--home movies This color film consists largely of segments shot in the Freud garden at 20 Maresfield Gardens in London. Appearing in the film are Sigmund Freud, Anna Freud, Princess Marie Bonaparte, Ernst L....
- Contributor: Bonaparte, Marie
- Date: 1938
Film, Video[Home movies from Freud Archives, 1939--Sigmund Freud--home movies]
Freud, Sigmund--Home movies from Freud archives, 1937-1938 | Sigmund Freud--home movies The film was made in May 1939 on a day celebrating what would be Freud's last birthday. The largely color film shows preparations before the party, including Paula Fichtl tying decorative collars...
- Contributor: Bonaparte, Marie
- Date: 1939
Film, Video[Le Professeur Freud de Vienne à Londres par Paris--Sigmund Freud--home movies]
Freud, Sigmund--home movies from Freud archives, 1937-1938 | Sigmund Freud--home movies The film, "Professor Freud from Vienna to London via Paris, Part One," opens in the summer of 1937 at the home of Ruth Mack Brunswick and Mark Brunswick at 19 Hasenauerstrasse, Vienna,...
- Contributor: Bonaparte, Marie
- Date: 1937