Film, Video Miyah, a story of water
digital viewing copy
About this Item
- Miyah, a story of water
- Short educational film about how Saudi Arabia preserves, draws, and conserves water.
- Lyford, Richard, direction, production
- Sabbagh, Isa Khalil, narration
- Steineke, Max
- Arabian American Oil Company
- Ray Graham and Associates
Created / Published
- United States : Arabian American Oil Company, 1950.
- - Water--Saudi Arabia
- Sponsored films
- Educational films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - Based on a report by Max Steineke and T. C. Barger.
- - Narration: Isa K. Sabbagh.
- - Technical advisor, Robert Van Peursem ; production manager, Ray Graham ; animation design, Eric Mose ; animator, Eugene Tourville.
- - Filmed on the Arabian Peninsula.
- - "'Miyah' was designed and produced especially for the people of Saudi Arabia, with the approval and cooperation of His Majesty Abdul Aziz Ibn Saud, King of Saudi Arabia."
- - Source used: Saudi Aramco WWW site, viewed August 15, 2018.
- 1 video file (digital, MPEG-4) (ca. 38 min.) : sd., col.
- Macdonald (J. Fred and Leslie W.) Collection (Library of Congress)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sabbagh, Isa Khalil, Narration, Max Steineke, Arabian American Oil Company, and Ray Graham And Associates. Miyah, a Story of Water. directeds by Lyford, Richardectionuction, produceds by Lyford, Richardectionuction United States: Arabian American Oil Company, 1950. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018601446/.
APA citation style:
Sabbagh, I. K., Steineke, M., Arabian American Oil Company & Ray Graham And Associates. (1950) Miyah, a Story of Water. Lyford, R., dir, Lyford, R., prod United States: Arabian American Oil Company. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018601446/.
MLA citation style:
Sabbagh, Isa Khalil, Narration, et al. Miyah, a Story of Water. dir by Lyford, Richardectionuction, prod by Lyford, Richardectionuction United States: Arabian American Oil Company, 1950. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018601446/>.