Audio Recording The Arkansas traveler descriptive scene ; Flanagan's troubles in a restaurant : vaudeville specialty.
The Arkansas traveler [sound recording] : descriptive scene
The Arkansas traveler (Edison 51010-R)
About this Item
- The Arkansas traveler descriptive scene ; Flanagan's troubles in a restaurant : vaudeville specialty.
- Contributor Names
- Porter, Steve, 1864-1936. prf
- Hare, Ernest. prf
- Created / Published
- [New Jersey] : Edison, 
- Subject Headings
- - Humorous songs
- - American wit and humor
- - Vaudeville songs
- - Steve Porter, speaking (sides 1 and 2) ; Ernest Hare, speaking (side 1) ; with violin (side 1) and orchestra (side 2).
- - Recorded July 10, 1922 (1st side) and January 1923 (2nd side)--Cf. Edison disc recordings, c1978.
- - Date of first listing: March 12, 1929--Cf. Edison discs recordings, c1978.
- - "Edison re-creation."
- - LC copy: Index no. 25.
- - LC copy: 8261-A-4-3 (matrix, R side) ; 7019-C-B-5 (matrix, L side).
- 1 audio disc : analog, 78 rpm ; 10 in.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Edison 51010
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress American Variety Stage collection is in the public domain and is free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Porter, Steve, . Prf, and Ernest. Prf Hare. The Arkansas traveler descriptive scene ; Flanagan's troubles in a restaurant: vaudeville specialty. [New Jersey: Edison, 1929] Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018620415/.
APA citation style:
Porter, S. & Hare, E. P. (1929) The Arkansas traveler descriptive scene ; Flanagan's troubles in a restaurant: vaudeville specialty. [New Jersey: Edison] [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018620415/.
MLA citation style:
Porter, Steve, . Prf, and Ernest. Prf Hare. The Arkansas traveler descriptive scene ; Flanagan's troubles in a restaurant: vaudeville specialty. [New Jersey: Edison, 1929] Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018620415/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingHappy tho' married : monologue ; Desperate Desmond : drama : (rehearsing the orchestra) : vaudeville ...
Happy though married Happy tho' married side: Presents a humorous monologue in Hebrew dialect in which a man describes the courtship of his future wife and their life together after marriage. Desperate Desmond side: Presents...
- Contributor: Duprez, Fred
- Date: 1915
Audio RecordingMister Gallagher and Mister Shean Copyright: Ed. Gallagher and Al. Shean, Jan. 17, 1922; renewal R49702, 1949. Coupling date: 4/24/1922. Cutout date: 10/31/1929. A comedy patter song, introduced by the vaudeville team of Gallagher and Shean in...
- Contributor: Porter, Steve - Gallagher, Ed. - Meeker, Edward - Shean, AL
- Date: 1922
Audio RecordingA study in mimicry : vaudeville sketch Edison: 5522-A-2-2 (matrix), 6031-A-5-2 (matrix); Diamond Disc no. on record sleeve: 50485. The 1st work consists primarily of vocal sound effects, including whistled bird sounds with piano acc.; 2nd work consists of...
- Contributor: Drew, Lillian - American Quartet - Orren, John
- Date: 1918
Audio RecordingLaughing record : Henry's music lesson. Porters on a Pullman train
Henry's music lesson Laughing record; novelty song. Edison: 8860-B-3-7 (matrix), 8606-B-4-3 (matrix); additional nos. on labels: 8860, 8606; Diamond Disc nos. on labels: 51063-R, 51063-L. Humorous song and spoken word comedy. Sally Stembler, speaking, laughing,...
- Contributor: Collins, Arthur - Collins and Harlan (Musical Group) - Crandall, Charles D. - Stembler, Sallie - Harlan, Byron G.
- Date: 1923
Audio RecordingA police court scene Coupling date: 9/2/1919. Cutout date: 10/31/1929. On label: talking. With (reverse side): Bill's visit to St. Peter / Billy Golden, Billy Heins.
- Contributor: Porter, Steve
- Date: 1919