Audio Recording Laughing record : Henry's music lesson. Porters on a Pullman train Henry's music lesson
Laughing record : Henry's music lesson.
Laughing record (Edison 51063-R)
About this Item
- Laughing record : Henry's music lesson. Porters on a Pullman train
- Other Title
- Henry's music lesson
- Contributor Names
- Crandall, Charles D.
- Stembler, Sallie. prf
- Collins, Arthur, 1864-1933. prf
- Harlan, Byron G. prf
- Collins and Harlan (Musical group) prf
- Created / Published
- Orange, N.J. : Edison, [1923?]
- Subject Headings
- - Laughter--Songs and music
- - Music students
- - Comedy sketches
- - Humorous songs
- - Pullman porters--Songs and music
- - Railroad trains--Songs and music
- - Laughing record; novelty song.
- - Edison: 8860-B-3-7 (matrix), 8606-B-4-3 (matrix); additional nos. on labels: 8860, 8606; Diamond Disc nos. on labels: 51063-R, 51063-L.
- - Humorous song and spoken word comedy.
- - Sally Stembler, speaking, laughing, with uncredited men (1st side) ; Collins and Harlan (2nd work).
- - Coupling date: 3/12/1923--Cf. Wile, 1978.
- - LC copy: 8860-C-2-4 (matrix, R side) ; 8606-C-4-9 (matrix, L side).
- - Performer on 1st side from American Memory summary.
- 1 sound disc : analog, 78 rpm, mono ; 10 in.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Edison 51063
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- Collins and Harlan (Musical Group)
- Collins, Arthur
- Crandall, Charles D.
- Harlan, Byron G.
- Stembler, Sallie
The Library of Congress American Variety Stage collection is in the public domain and is free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Crandall, Charles D, Sallie. Prf Stembler, Arthur Collins, Byron G. Prf Harlan, and Collins And Harlan Prf. Laughing record: Henry's music lesson. Porters on a Pullman train. [Orange, N.J.: Edison, ?, 1923] Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018620416/.
APA citation style:
Crandall, C. D., Stembler, S. P., Collins, A., Harlan, B. G. P. & Collins And Harlan Prf. (1923) Laughing record: Henry's music lesson. Porters on a Pullman train. [Orange, N.J.: Edison, ?] [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018620416/.
MLA citation style:
Crandall, Charles D, et al. Laughing record: Henry's music lesson. Porters on a Pullman train. [Orange, N.J.: Edison, ?, 1923] Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018620416/>.
More Audio Recordings like this
Audio RecordingThe aba daba honeymoon Copyright: Leo Feist Inc., 1914; renewed by Arthur Fields and Walter Donovan, July 10, 1942. Coupling date: 10/26/1914. Cutout date: 11/21/1927. On label: baritone and tenor, orchestra accompaniment. With (reverse side): My...
- Contributor: Fields, Arthur - Donovan, Walter - Harlan, Byron G. - Collins, Arthur
- Date: 1914
Audio RecordingThe preacher and the bear Copyright: 1904; Lewis Music Publishing Co., Inc., 1947. Coupling date: 2/15/1919. Cutout date: 10/31/1929. On label: baritone with orchestra. With (reverse side): Coon 'possum hunt / Billy Golden, Billy Heins.
- Contributor: Collins, Arthur - Arizonia, Joe
- Date: 1919
Audio RecordingThe Arkansas traveler descriptive scene ; Flanagan's troubles in a restaurant : vaudeville specialty. Steve Porter, speaking (sides 1 and 2) ; Ernest Hare, speaking (side 1) ; with violin (side 1) and orchestra (side 2). Recorded July 10, 1922 (1st side) and January 1923 (2nd...
- Contributor: Hare, Ernest - Porter, Steve
- Date: 1929
Audio RecordingA study in mimicry : vaudeville sketch Edison: 5522-A-2-2 (matrix), 6031-A-5-2 (matrix); Diamond Disc no. on record sleeve: 50485. The 1st work consists primarily of vocal sound effects, including whistled bird sounds with piano acc.; 2nd work consists of...
- Contributor: Drew, Lillian - American Quartet - Orren, John
- Date: 1918
Audio RecordingJerry Murphy is a friend of mine Victor 1969. Matrix/Take: [Pre-matrix B-]1969/M-1.
- Contributor: Collins, Arthur - Collins and Harlan - Harlan, Byron G.
- Date: 1903-02-12