Book/Printed Material Estudos luso-brasileiros em iconografia musical
About this Item
- Estudos luso-brasileiros em iconografia musical
- This is the most significant publication on musical iconography in Brazil since Mercedes Reis Pequeno's 1974 Tres séculos de iconografia da música no Brasil, which is the focus of the introductory essay by Beatriz M. Castro. Contains 12 studies on topics that range from musician soldiers on 18th-century paintings of the Batalha dos Guararapes (Mary A. Biaison) to 1990 posters of a rock festival in Pelotas (Daniel R. Medeiros and Isabel P. Nogueira). Includes texts on musical subjects in or around 18th-century Catholic temples in Bahia (Pablo S. Blanco, Wellington M. Silva Filho, and Rosana M. Brescia), the 1920s ceiling paintings by João Batista de Deus in the 1699 Cathedral of São Luís (Alberto P. Dantas Filho), and the use of photographs to forge the visual identity of the Conservatório de Música de Pelotas (Isabel P. Nogueira, et al.) and the Grupo de Compositores da Bahia (Pablo S. Blanco). Also on Brazilian themes, two essays discuss the social and politico-cultural uses of music imagery in newspapers and magazines in the state of São Paulo between 1860 and 1930 (Diósnio Machado Neto and Osório B. P. Christovam)--Library of Congress, Handbook of Latin American Studies.
- Contributor Names
- Sotuyo Blanco, Pablo.
- Created / Published
- Salvador, Brazil : EDUFBA, 2015.
- Subject Headings
- - Music--Iconography
- - Musical History--Brazil
- - imported from HLAS td12 2019-01-25
- 1 online resource (280 pages) : colored illustrations
- Digital Id
- https://repositorio.ufba.br/ri/bitstream/ri/17956/3/estudos_lusobrasileiros_RI.pdf External
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sotuyo Blanco, Pablo. Estudos Luso-Brasileiros Em Iconografia Musical. Salvador, Brazil: EDUFBA, 2015. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018655071/.
APA citation style:
Sotuyo Blanco, P. (2015) Estudos Luso-Brasileiros Em Iconografia Musical. Salvador, Brazil: EDUFBA. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018655071/.
MLA citation style:
Sotuyo Blanco, Pablo. Estudos Luso-Brasileiros Em Iconografia Musical. Salvador, Brazil: EDUFBA, 2015. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018655071/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialBurle Marx Brazilian Music Collection
Brazilian Music Collection The site includes an introduction to Brazilian music, a bibliography, links to related sites, as well as indexes to the contents of the Brazilian Music Collection of the University of Akron Bierce...
- Date: 1997
Book/Printed MaterialMusical creation a lecture, delivered in the Whittall Pavilion of the Library of Congress, October 4, ... print | iii, 23 p. 23 cm. | At head of title: The Library of Congress. The Louis Charles Elson Memorial Fund. Print (Form).
- Contributor: Pincherle, Marc - Library of Congress
- Date: 1961
Book/Printed MaterialUltima vera per gli probolisti a richiesta per gli antiprobolisti o sia spicilegio musico
- Contributor: Grisolia, Michelangelo
- Date: 1700
Book/Printed MaterialThe elements of musick display'd; or, Its grammar, or ground-work made easy: rudimental, practical, philosophical, historical, ... Preface dated 1766. Books II-V have each special t.p. Imperfect: frontispiece wanting.
- Contributor: Tans'ur, William
- Date: 1772