About this Item
- Giphy: [collected datasets]
- Giphy web archive
- Giphy, founded by Alex Chung and Jace Cooke in February 2013, is an online database and search engine that allows users to search for and share animated GIF files. This site contains a large collection of reaction GIFS, animated GIF, typically of a body in motion that is used online as a response or reaction.
- Library of Congress, collector
- American Folklife Center, sponsor
Created / Published
- - Visual communication
- - Nonverbal communication
- - Collection includes a data set created on May 5, 2018, from crawls of the Library of Congress's Web Cultures Web Archive. This GIPHY dataset includes data for 14,787 total GIFs, of which 10,972 are unique. Cite as: GIPHY dataset, 2018-05-17.
- - Search Animated GIFs on the Web - Giphy web archive (AFC #), Archive of Folk Culture, American Folklife Center, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
- - Library of Congress Web Archiving Team; Accession; 2013-2018.
- archived website, textual datasets, images, animated images.
- 10,972 items (.csv)
- Library of Congress Archive of Folk Culture, American Folklife Center, 101 Independence Ave. S.E., Washington, DC USA 20540-4610 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.afc/folklife.home
- s-Online Electronic Resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- Duplication of collection materials may be governed by copyright and other restrictions.
- Collection is open for research. To request materials, please contact the Folklife Reading Room at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.afc/folklife.contact
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to The Selected Datasets Collection for educational and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of many materials in the Collection, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law. Researchers should watch for modern documents that may be copyrighted (for example, published in the United States more than 95 years ago, or unpublished and the author died less than 70 years ago).
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Digital Collections Management and Services Division
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress, Collector, and Sponsor American Folklife Center. Giphy: Collected Datasets. to 2018, 2013. Software, E-Resource. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018655319/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress, C. & American Folklife Center, S. (2013) Giphy: Collected Datasets. to 2018. [Software, E-Resource] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018655319/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress, Collector, and Sponsor American Folklife Center. Giphy: Collected Datasets. to 2018, 2013. Software, E-Resource. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018655319/>.