Photo, Print, Drawing Rybokoptil'ni︠a︡, izby i labaz. Рыбокоптильня, избы и лабаз.
About this Item
- Rybokoptil'ni︠a︡, izby i labaz.
- Рыбокоптильня, избы и лабаз.
- This collection presents sketches, drawings, watercolors, and paintings by three well-known Krasnoiarsk artists, Dmitri Innokent'evich Karatanov, A. G. Vargin, and Andrei Prokofievich Lekarenko, produced during their expeditions to Siberia in the 1910s and 1920s. These works are located at two institutions: V. I. Surikov Museum of Art in Krasnoiarsk and Krasnoiarsk Krai Museum of Regional History and Folklife. Karatanov (1872-1952) studied at the St. Petersburg Academy of Fine Arts but left the Academy in 1896 before finishing his course of study to return to Krasnoiarsk. He began teaching at the High School of Arts in Krasnoiarsk in 1910; many well-known local artists studied under him. The main theme of his work was the Siberian landscape. He was named an "Honored Artist of the RSFSR (Russian Soviet Federated Socialist Republic)" in 1948. Very little is known about Vargin. The 110 drawings that he made during his trip to Siberia with A. A. Savel'ev are his only surviving works. Lekarenko (1895-1974) studied under Karatanov and V. A. Favorskii, and was one of the founders of the local artists union "New Siberia." He also taught at the High School of the Arts in Krasnoiarsk as well as at the Surikov Academy of Arts in that city. In 1967 Lekarenko was awarded the "Order of Honor" and named "Honored Artist of the RSFSR" for his dedication to educational work. World Digital Library.
- Karatanov, Dmitriĭ Innokentʹevich, , 1874-1952.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 22 ii︠u︡li︠a︡ 1928 g.
- - Karatanov
- - art
- - ostiaks
- - constructions
- - conservation
- - habitation
- - instruments
- - storage
- - Russian Federation
- - Krasnoyarsk Krai
- - Na oborote: "Rybokoptil'ni︠a︡, izby i labaz. Osti︠a︡t︠s︡kiĭ poselok".
- - Original image at: V. I. Surikov Museum of Art in Krasnoiarsk
- - На обороте: "Рыбокоптильня, избы и лабаз. Остяцкий поселок".
- 1 photograph : 40.0 x 52.0 cm ; karton, karandash.
- Works of D. I. Karatanov, A. G. Vargin, and A. P. Lekarenko from their Expeditions to Siberia
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Chicago citation style:
Karatanov, Dmitriĭ InnokentʹEvich. Rybokoptil'ni︠a︡, Izby I Labaz. Russian Federation Krasnoyarsk Krai, 1928. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 22 Ii︠u︡li︠a︡ G] Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018686286/.
APA citation style:
Karatanov, D. I. (1928) Rybokoptil'ni︠a︡, Izby I Labaz. Russian Federation Krasnoyarsk Krai, 1928. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 22 Ii︠u︡li︠a︡ G] [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018686286/.
MLA citation style:
Karatanov, Dmitriĭ InnokentʹEvich. Rybokoptil'ni︠a︡, Izby I Labaz. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 22 Ii︠u︡li︠a︡ G] Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018686286/>.