Book/Printed Material Vladivostokskiĭ port. Raboty 1916 goda. Владивостокский порт. Работы 1916 года.
About this Item
- Vladivostokskiĭ port. Raboty 1916 goda.
- Владивостокский порт. Работы 1916 года.
- The Vladivostok Port. Works of 1916.
- Vladivostokskii port. Raboty 1916 goda (Vladivostok Port: Views of work, 1916) is an unpublished album showing activities at Russia's main Far Eastern port in 1916, a year in which Russia was engaged in Europe in fighting Germany and her World War I allies, but in which it continued to invest in the development of the port. The photographs in the album show views of Golden Horn Bay (Bukhta Zolotoy Rog), railroad works, construction and repair work at docks and other port facilities, and numerous ships and barges coming into or docked at the port. Most of the photographs are identified with detailed captions that clearly were written by someone with knowledge of the port and its operations. Vladivostok was founded in 1860 by military officers tasked with creating a new city on Golden Horn Bay. The city subsequently became the Pacific terminus of the Trans-Siberian Railroad. The album is preserved in the National Library of Russia and was digitized for the Meeting of Frontiers digital library project in the early 2000s. World Digital Library.
- Gonbatti, N. L., associated name.
Created / Published
- Vladivostok : [publisher not identified], 1916-1917.
- - Photographs
- - Cities
- - Ports
- - Vladivostok
- - 1916-1917
- - Cities and towns
- - Siberia
- - Russian Federation
- - Primorskiy Krai
- - Originalʹnye fotografii Upravlenii︠a︡ rabotami Vladivostokskogo torgovogo porta.
- - Alʹbom ne izdatelʹskiĭ.
- - Original text at: National Library of Russia
- - Оригинальные фотографии Управления работами Владивостокского торгового порта.
- - Альбом не издательский.
- 25 sheets with 44 photographs ; 29 x 38.5 cm.
- Vladivostok Port. Works of 1916
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gonbatti, N. L., Associated Name. Vladivostokskiĭ port. Rabotygoda. [Vladivostok: Publisher Not Identified, to 1917, 1916] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018688902/.
APA citation style:
Gonbatti, N. L. (1916) Vladivostokskiĭ port. Rabotygoda. [Vladivostok: Publisher Not Identified, to 1917] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018688902/.
MLA citation style:
Gonbatti, N. L., Associated Name. Vladivostokskiĭ port. Rabotygoda. [Vladivostok: Publisher Not Identified, to 1917, 1916] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018688902/>.