Photo, Print, Drawing Molodye buri︠a︡tki. Молодые бурятки.
About this Item
- Molodye buri︠a︡tki.
- Молодые бурятки.
- Young Buriat Girls.
- Postcards became popular in the 1890s in response to demand generated by the growth of tourism. In the case of the Compagnie Tsine-Louine (as it styled itself in French) of St. Petersburg, postcards also were used to help market its product, tea. Based on lithographs by the artists Nikolai Nikolaevich Kazarin and Valerii Pavlovich Ovsiannikov, the company's "Siberia" series romanticized the shipping routes from China to Russia. The cards portrayed scenes of natural beauty and native life that might have been encountered on the journey from the Chinese border town of Kiakhta east of Lake Baikal to St. Petersburg. This incomplete series of thirty-six cards is one of many postcard collections in the National Library of Russia. World Digital Library.
- Ovsi︠a︡nnikov, Valeriĭ Pavlovich, 1862-1911.
Created / Published
- Saint Petersburg, Russia : Izdatelʹstvo tovarishchestva "T︠S︡zinʹ-Lun" (Khudozhestvennoe zavedenie Ė.I. Markus), 1899-1904.
- - Post cards--1890-1900
- - Buryat--Russia (Federation)--Siberia--1890-1900
- - "Sibirʹ"; serii︠a︡ 3, otkrytka 4. Serii︠a︡ nepolnai︠a︡.
- - Original image at: National Library of Russia
- - "Сибирь"; серия 3, открытка 4. Серия неполная.
- Chromolithograph ; 14.4 x 9.6 cm.
- Tsine-Louine Siberia Postcards Series
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ovsi︠A︡Nnikov, Valeriĭ Pavlovich. Molodye Buri︠a︡tki. , 1899. Saint Petersburg, Russia: Izdatelʹstvo tovarishchestva "T︠S︡zinʹ-Lun" Khudozhestvennoe zavedenie Ė.I. Markus, to 1904. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018689403/.
APA citation style:
Ovsi︠A︡Nnikov, V. P. (1899) Molodye Buri︠a︡tki. , 1899. Saint Petersburg, Russia: Izdatelʹstvo tovarishchestva "T︠S︡zinʹ-Lun" Khudozhestvennoe zavedenie Ė.I. Markus, to 1904. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018689403/.
MLA citation style:
Ovsi︠A︡Nnikov, Valeriĭ Pavlovich. Molodye Buri︠a︡tki. Saint Petersburg, Russia: Izdatelʹstvo tovarishchestva "T︠S︡zinʹ-Lun" Khudozhestvennoe zavedenie Ė.I. Markus, to 1904. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018689403/>.