Photo, Print, Drawing Mutnovskai︠a︡ geotermalʹnai︠a︡ ėlektrostant︠s︡ii︠a︡. Мутновская геотермальная электростанция.
About this Item
- Mutnovskai︠a︡ geotermalʹnai︠a︡ ėlektrostant︠s︡ii︠a︡.
- Мутновская геотермальная электростанция.
- Mutnovsky Geothermal Power Plant.
- This photograph is from a collection entitled "The Russian Far East in Modern Photography," which documents several regions of the Russian Far East at the beginning of the 21st century. The Russian Far East encompasses a large geographical area that borders the Pacific Ocean and stretches from the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug in the northeast to Primorsky Krai in the southeast, along the borders with China and North Korea. The collection includes several photographs by the famed researcher and photographer Vitalii Aleksandrovich Nikolaenko (1938-2003), who spent more than 30 years observing and studying the brown bears of the Kamchatka Peninsula and was eventually killed by a bear while carrying out his work. Also included are photographs of Sakhalin Island by Moscow-based photographer Aleksandr Vladimirovich Sorin, of Kamchatka and the Kuril Islands by Aleksandr Mikhailovich Bermant, of Primorsky Krai by Vladimir Mikhailovich Kobzar', and of Kamchatka by Irina Vladimirovna Stakhanova. The photographs depict the varied natural landscapes of the Russian Far East, including the geysers and volcanoes of Kamchatka and the coastlines of Russia's Pacific islands. The collection also captures the work of the region's fishermen, daily life and recreation in its settlements, and its wildlife, including Kamchatka bears and Amur tigers. The collection was gathered for the Meeting of Frontiers digital library project in the early 2000s. World Digital Library.
- Stakhanova, Irina Vladimirovna, photographer.
Created / Published
- Kamchatka : [publisher not identified], 17 ii︠u︡li︠a︡ 2004 g.
- - geologii︠a︡
- - sooruzhenii︠a︡
- - kotly
- - Boilers
- - Geothermal power plants
- - Kamchatka Peninsula (Russia)
- - Russian Far East
- - Siberia
- - Steam
- - Russian Federation
- - Kamchatka Krai
- - Vulkan Mutnovskaya Sopka
- - геология
- - сооружения
- - котлы
- - Original image at: Siberian Museum Agency
- 1 photograph : digital color.
- Russian Far East in Modern Photography
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Stakhanova, Irina Vladimirovna, photographer. Mutnovskai︠a︡ Geotermalʹnai︠a︡ Ėlektrostant︠s︡ii︠a︡. Russian Federation Vulkan Mutnovskaya Sopka Kamchatka Krai, 2004. [Kamchatka: Publisher Not Identified, 17 Ii︠u︡li︠a︡ G] Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018692741/.
APA citation style:
Stakhanova, I. V., photographer. (2004) Mutnovskai︠a︡ Geotermalʹnai︠a︡ Ėlektrostant︠s︡ii︠a︡. Russian Federation Vulkan Mutnovskaya Sopka Kamchatka Krai, 2004. [Kamchatka: Publisher Not Identified, 17 Ii︠u︡li︠a︡ G] [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018692741/.
MLA citation style:
Stakhanova, Irina Vladimirovna, photographer. Mutnovskai︠a︡ Geotermalʹnai︠a︡ Ėlektrostant︠s︡ii︠a︡. [Kamchatka: Publisher Not Identified, 17 Ii︠u︡li︠a︡ G] Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018692741/>.