Book/Printed Material Irkutskai︠a︡ dukhovnai︠a︡ missii︠a︡ v 1873 godu. Иркутская духовная миссия в 1873 году.
About this Item
- Irkutskai︠a︡ dukhovnai︠a︡ missii︠a︡ v 1873 godu.
- Иркутская духовная миссия в 1873 году.
- Irkutsk Spiritual Mission in 1873.
- This report on the work of the Irkutsk Spiritual Mission in 1873 was written by Meletii (born Mikhail Kuzmich Yakimov, 1835-1900), who was the head of the mission at that time. Meletii began his missionary work in Siberia in 1862 among the Buriat people in the region east of Lake Baikal. After ten years there, he moved to another mission located near the border between Russia and Mongolia. He became head of the Irkutsk Spiritual Mission in 1873. In 1889, he was appointed bishop of Yakutsk, where missionaries and priests struggled to minister to an isolated group of people afflicted with leprosy. Meletii helped spread word about the conditions under which these people lived. Donations followed, and he was able to build a hospital where members of this community could be treated. In 1896, after spending his entire working life in Siberia, Meletii was appointed bishop of Riazan, or R'azan', and Zaraisk in central Russia. He died in Riazan in 1900 and is buried in the Archangel Cathedral of the Riazan Kremlin. This book is preserved in the collections of the National Library of Russia in Saint Petersburg. It was digitized for the Meeting of Frontiers digital library project in the early 2000s. World Digital Library.
- Meletīĭ, Bishop of Ri︠a︡zanʹ and Zaraĭsk, 1835-1900 , author.
- - Buriats
- - Missions
- - Russian Orthodox Church
- - Siberia
- - Russian Federation
- - Irkutsk Oblast
- - Izvlecheno iz Irkutskikh Eparkh. Ved. 1874 goda - No.No. 21, 22, 23 i 25.
- - Original text at: National Library of Russia
- - Извлечено из Иркутских Епарх. Вед. 1874 года - No.No. 21, 22, 23 и 25.
- 56 pages ; 21 x 14 cm
- Rare Books from the National Library of Russia
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Meletīĭ, Bishop Of Ri︠A︡Zanʹ And Zaraĭsk, , Author. Irkutskai︠a︡ Dukhovnai︠a︡ Missii︠a︡ VGodu. 1874. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018693980/.
APA citation style:
Meletīĭ, B. O. R. A. Z. (1874) Irkutskai︠a︡ Dukhovnai︠a︡ Missii︠a︡ VGodu. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018693980/.
MLA citation style:
Meletīĭ, Bishop Of Ri︠A︡Zanʹ And Zaraĭsk, , Author. Irkutskai︠a︡ Dukhovnai︠a︡ Missii︠a︡ VGodu. 1874. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018693980/>.