Book/Printed Material Obrashchenie v khristianstvo i︠a︡zychnikov Eniseĭskoĭ eparkhii. Обращение в христианство язычников Енисейской епархии.
About this Item
- Obrashchenie v khristianstvo i︠a︡zychnikov Eniseĭskoĭ eparkhii.
- Обращение в христианство язычников Енисейской епархии.
- The Conversion of Pagans to Christianity in the Yeniseysk Diocese.
- In the 19th century, the Russian Orthodox Church focused its missionary efforts in Siberia, primarily in the region east of Lake Baikal. This short history of the church's missionary work in the area of the Yenisey River was written by Aleksandr Ivanovich Sulotskii (1812-84). Sulotskii was a priest, professor, and the foremost historian of Christianity in Siberia. He was a founding member of the Western Siberian Division of the Imperial Russian Geographic Society and played a critical role in documenting the history of the Russian Orthodox Church's missionary efforts in Siberia. The history originally appeared in the journal Strannik (Wanderer), published in Saint Petersburg in 1876. The booklet presented here is preserved in the collections of the National Library of Russia in Saint Petersburg. It was digitized for the Meeting of Frontiers digital library project in the early 2000s. World Digital Library.
- Sulot︠s︡kiĭ, Aleksandr Ivanovich, 1812-1884 , author.
- - Missions
- - Russian Orthodox Church
- - Yenisey River (Russia)
- - Russian Federation
- - Buryatia, Republic of
- - Original text at: National Library of Russia
- 6 pages ; 23 x 15 cm
- Rare Books from the National Library of Russia
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sulot︠S︡Kiĭ, Aleksandr Ivanovich, , Author. Obrashchenie v khristianstvo i︠a︡zychnikov Eniseĭskoĭ eparkhii. 1876. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018693994/.
APA citation style:
Sulot︠S︡Kiĭ, A. I. (1876) Obrashchenie v khristianstvo i︠a︡zychnikov Eniseĭskoĭ eparkhii. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018693994/.
MLA citation style:
Sulot︠S︡Kiĭ, Aleksandr Ivanovich, , Author. Obrashchenie v khristianstvo i︠a︡zychnikov Eniseĭskoĭ eparkhii. 1876. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018693994/>.