Map Karta sel'skokhozi︠a︡ĭstvennykh raĭonov Sibirskogo krai︠a︡. Карта сельскохозяйственных районов Сибирского края.
About this Item
- Karta sel'skokhozi︠a︡ĭstvennykh raĭonov Sibirskogo krai︠a︡.
- Карта сельскохозяйственных районов Сибирского края.
- Map of Agricultural Areas of the Siberian Region.
- This Soviet-era map shows the agricultural areas of Siberia, district borders, railroads, rivers, lakes, district centers, and cities. Although much of Siberia is unsuited for farming, good conditions prevail in the forest steppe region of southwestern Siberia and in parts of southern Siberia. Peasants who migrated from European Russia in the 19th century had to adjust to Siberian conditions, learning, for example, to plant their crops neither too low in the wet taiga (which risked rot) nor too high on open lands (which risked frost). By the late 19th century, these peasants created one of the most productive farming regions in the Russian Empire. They also helped to create a booming Siberian dairy industry. In 1913 there were some 4,000 Siberian creameries that helped to keep Russia and the world supplied with butter. Sixty percent of Russia's exports of butter came from Siberia. World Digital Library.
Created / Published
- Novosibirsk, Russia : Publication of the Siberian Regional Agricultural Administration, 1926.
- - Agriculture
- - Siberia
- - Russian Federation
- - Buryatia, Republic of
- - Irkutsk Oblast
- - Krasnoyarsk Krai
- - Novosibirsk Oblast
- - Omsk Oblast
- - Tomsk Oblast
- - Na karte naneseny granit︠s︡y okrugov, sel'skokhozi︠a︡ĭstvennykh raĭonov, zheleznye dorogi, reki, ozera, t︠s︡entry okrugov, goroda.
- - Original map at: Russian State Library
- - На карте нанесены границы округов, сельскохозяйственных районов, железные дороги, реки, озера, центры округов, города.
- 1 sheet : 3 colors.
- Maps from the Russian State Library
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Irkutsk Oblast
- Krasnoyarsk Krai
- Novosibirsk Oblast
- Omsk Oblast
- Republic of
- Russian Federation
- Tomsk Oblast
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Karta sel'skokhozi︠a︡ĭstvennykh raĭonov Sibirskogo krai︠a︡. Novosibirsk, Russia: Publication of the Siberian Regional Agricultural Administration, 1926. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018694068/.
APA citation style:
(1926) Karta sel'skokhozi︠a︡ĭstvennykh raĭonov Sibirskogo krai︠a︡. Novosibirsk, Russia: Publication of the Siberian Regional Agricultural Administration. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018694068/.
MLA citation style:
Karta sel'skokhozi︠a︡ĭstvennykh raĭonov Sibirskogo krai︠a︡. Novosibirsk, Russia: Publication of the Siberian Regional Agricultural Administration, 1926. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018694068/>.