Book/Printed Material Ves' Blagoveshchensk : Spravochnik na 1926 god. Весь Благовещенск : Справочник на 1926 год.
About this Item
- Ves' Blagoveshchensk : Spravochnik na 1926 god.
- Весь Благовещенск : Справочник на 1926 год.
- All Blagoveshchensk. A Handbook for 1926.
- This almanac, published in January 1926, attempts to provide all the information residents of the city of Blagoveshchensk would need to know for the coming year. The first section gives an overview of the history of the city, including the history of the Russian Civil War and Russian Revolution in the area, along with an overview of the physical features and industry of the region. The second section gives details about the political, administrative, and communist party structures of the area and the trade union and cooperative organizations. It also lists important memorials, markets, streets, and squares. The almanac ends with advertisements for factories and shops in the city. Blagoveshchensk was founded in 1856 as a supply post to provision troops along the Amur. It was reclassified as a town in 1858. Its population grew very quickly in the last half of the 19th century, owing to the city's strategic and commercial importance on the Amur River. The almanac is preserved in the collections of the Russian State Library and was digitized for the Meeting of Frontiers digital library project in the early 2000s. World Digital Library.
- - Russian Federation
- - Amur Oblast
- - Blagoveshchensk
- - Original text at: Russian State Library
- 64 pages (plus almost 50 pages of advertisements without pagination)
- General Collection Books from the Russian State Library
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ves' Blagoveshchensk: Spravochnik nagod. 1926. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018694205/.
APA citation style:
(1926) Ves' Blagoveshchensk: Spravochnik nagod. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018694205/.
MLA citation style:
Ves' Blagoveshchensk: Spravochnik nagod. 1926. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018694205/>.