Book/Printed Material Za Baĭkalom i na Amure : Putevye kartiny. За Байкалом и на Амуре : Путевые картины.
About this Item
- Za Baĭkalom i na Amure : Putevye kartiny.
- За Байкалом и на Амуре : Путевые картины.
- Beyond Baikal and on the Amur : Sketches of a Voyage.
- During the 1860s, the writer Dmitrii Ivanovich Stakhieev (1840-1918) made a series of trips around the area east of Lake Baikal in eastern Siberia. In Za Baikalom i na Amure: Putevye kartiny (Beyond Baikal and on the Amur: Sketches of a voyage), published in Saint Petersburg in 1869, Stakhieev describes his travels, the places he visited, and the people he met along the way. Among the characters he brings to life in his stories are Cossacks at an army post along the Amur River, Chinese traders in the town of Kiatkha, and the Buriat people, one of the traditional ethnic groups living in the area. While Stakhieev describes the region's flora and fauna as well as the small towns he visited, the strength of the work is in the descriptions of people and everyday life. The book is preserved in the collections of the Russian State Library and was digitized for the Meeting of Frontiers digital library project in the early 2000s. World Digital Library.
- Stakhi︠e︡ev, D. I. (Dmitrīĭ Ivanovich), 1840-1918.
- - Russian Federation
- - Kamchatka Krai
- - Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky
- - Buryatia, Republic of
- - Irkutsk Oblast
- - Original text at: Russian State Library
- 347 pages.
- General Collection Books from the Russian State Library
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Stakhi︠E︡Ev, D. I. Za Baĭkalom i na Amure: Putevye kartiny. 1869. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2018694210/.
APA citation style:
Stakhi︠E︡Ev, D. I. (1869) Za Baĭkalom i na Amure: Putevye kartiny. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2018694210/.
MLA citation style:
Stakhi︠E︡Ev, D. I. Za Baĭkalom i na Amure: Putevye kartiny. 1869. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2018694210/>.