Book/Printed Material The circular economy in Europe : critical perspectives on policies and imaginaries
About this Item
- The circular economy in Europe : critical perspectives on policies and imaginaries
- "The Circular Economy in Europe presents an overview and a critical discussion on how circularity is conceived, imagined and enacted in current EU policy-making. In 2013, the idea of a circular economy entered the stage of European policy-making in the efforts to reconcile environmental and economic policy objectives. In 2019 the European Commission declared in a press release that the Circular Economy Action Plan has been delivered. The level of circularity in the European economy, however, has remained the same. Bringing together perspectives from social sciences, environmental economics and policy analysis, The Circular Economy in Europe provides a critical analysis of policies and promises of the next panacea for growth and sustainability. The authors provide a theoretical and empirical basis to discuss how contemporary societies conceive their need to re-organise production and consumption and explores the messy assemblage of institutions, actors, waste streams, biophysical flows, policy objectives, scientific disciplines, values, expectations, promises and aspirations involved. This book is essential reading for all those interested in understanding how ideas about the circular economy emerged historically, how they gained traction and are used in policy processes, and what the practical challenges in implementing this policy are"-- Provided by publisher.
- Kovacic, Zora, author
- Strand, Roger, author
- Völker, Thomas, author
Created / Published
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2020.
- - Environmental policy--Europe
- - Sustainable development--Europe
- - Includes bibliographical references and index.
- - Description based on print version record and CIP data provided by publisher.
- 1 online resource.
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International. CC BY 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode/ External
- Unrestricted online access
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are licensed under open access licenses allowing for the reuse and distribution of each book following the terms described in each license. Researchers should consult the Rights Advisory statement for each title and the accompanying license details for information about rights and permissions associated with each of the licenses.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kovacic, Zora, Author, Roger Strand, and Thomas Völker. The circular economy in Europe: critical perspectives on policies and imaginaries. Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY: Routledge, 2020. Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019033725/.
APA citation style:
Kovacic, Z., Strand, R. & Völker, T. (2020) The circular economy in Europe: critical perspectives on policies and imaginaries. Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY: Routledge. [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019033725/.
MLA citation style:
Kovacic, Zora, Author, Roger Strand, and Thomas Völker. The circular economy in Europe: critical perspectives on policies and imaginaries. Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY: Routledge, 2020. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019033725/>.