Map Quartier: Du Port Paix et des triois riveres, 1767
About this Item
- Quartier: Du Port Paix et des triois riveres, 1767
- Sorrel, Antoine Franðcois, 1737-1830, cartographer
- Wuibert, Antoine Felix cartographer
- Duportal, Antoine Jean Jacques, 1701-1773, contributor
Created / Published
- Haiti : [Producer not identified], 1767.
- - Haiti--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Haiti--History--Maps
- - Haiti--Historical geography--Maps
- - Haiti--History--18th century
- - Real property--Haiti--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Landowners--Haiti--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Haiti
- Early maps
- Manuscript maps
- Cadastral maps
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Covers north central coast of Saint Domingue (modern day Haiti) from west of Port-de-Paix and the Trois Rivieres to east of Cap-haitien (not included) showing delineation of property lines with names of landowners.
- - Oriented with north to the bottom.
- - Pen-and-ink (red and black) and watercolor wash outline on 3 sheets of laid paper pasted together with two watermarks. Sheet cut into the shape of an irregular rectangle
- - Title from handwritten (ink) in upper margin.
- - Signed at bottom in lower right margin: Du Portal.
- - Brown ink inscription on verso: Fortification maritime 1767. Gande DuPort. Copier personal. Reduction ... (rest of handwritten inscription illegible).
- - Watermarks: a fleur-de-lis [and] J HONIG & zone.
- - Imperfect: Light staining, foxed, vertically fold-lined at center, cracked, and annotated in brown ink.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 manuscript map : color ; 50 x 62 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4930 1767 .S6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sorrel, Antoine Franðcois, Cartographer, Antoine Felix Cartographer Wuibert, and Antoine Jean Jacques Duportal. Quartier: Du Port Paix et des triois riveres. [Haiti: Producer not identified, 1767] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019361214/.
APA citation style:
Sorrel, A. F., Wuibert, A. F. C. & Duportal, A. J. J. (1767) Quartier: Du Port Paix et des triois riveres. [Haiti: Producer not identified] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019361214/.
MLA citation style:
Sorrel, Antoine Franðcois, Cartographer, Antoine Felix Cartographer Wuibert, and Antoine Jean Jacques Duportal. Quartier: Du Port Paix et des triois riveres. [Haiti: Producer not identified, 1767] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019361214/>.