Manuscript/Mixed Material [Anonymous memoir of the author's travels around Iran]
About this Item
- [Anonymous memoir of the author's travels around Iran]
- Anonymous travel diary; marginal notes mention the name Mahdī ibn Muṣṭafá al-Tafrishī also known as Lāhūtī and al-Badāʻī.
- Tafrishī, Mahdī ibn Muṣṭafá, -1862 or 1863, associated name
Created / Published
- 1326 
- - Iran--Description and travel
- - Manuscripts, Persian--Washington (D.C.)
- - Iran
- - Manuscript.
- - Persian.
- - Title supplied by cataloger
- - Scribe not identified.
- - Gift of Amir Jafar and Parvindokt Hasheminejad, donated by their son, Mehdi Hasheminejad, item belonged to Amir Jafar Hasheminejad's collection and originated from Qajar era minister, Mehdi Lahooti, Badaye Negar's holdings. May 31, 2019.
- - Written in Iran.
- - Paper; cream color commercial paper; numerous marginal notes with additional details and itineraries; black ink.
- - Nastaʻlīq; 18 lines in written area17 x 12 cm.
- - Fol. 1b-30a.
- - Library of Congress. Persian manuscript, [unnumbered].
- - Binding; heavy yellow paper; front cover detached.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- 30 leaves (18 lines), paper : bound ; 23 x 18.4 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- DS258 .A66 1908
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Persian Language Manuscript Project are in the public domain or have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle East Division, Near East Section Persian Manuscript Collection
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Tafrishī, Mahdī Ibn Muṣṭafá, -1862 Or 1863, Associated Name. Anonymous memoir of the author's travels around Iran.  Manuscript/Mixed Material. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019418777/.
APA citation style:
Tafrishī, M. I. M. (1908) Anonymous memoir of the author's travels around Iran. [Manuscript/Mixed Material] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019418777/.
MLA citation style:
Tafrishī, Mahdī Ibn Muṣṭafá, -1862 Or 1863, Associated Name. Anonymous memoir of the author's travels around Iran.  Manuscript/Mixed Material. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019418777/>.