Notated Music Rhapsody in blue : for jazz band and piano
About this Item
- Rhapsody in blue : for jazz band and piano
- Gershwin, George, 1898-1937, composer
Created / Published
- Jan. 7, 1924.
- - Piano with big band
- - Rhapsodies (Music)
- Rhapsodies (Music)
- - Holograph in pencil; includes additional markings in red and blue pencil.
- - Caption title.
- - 2-piano score; upper grand staff labeled as jazz band; lower grand staff as piano.
- - Notated music ends on page 56; pages 57-62 have no music.
- - Date appearing on caption may have had the day of the month added at a later time.
- - Manuscript bound in blue leather.
- - Gift; Estate of Rose Gershwin; 19531016
- - Part of the George and Ira Gershwin Collection.
- 1 condensed score (62 pages) ; 34 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- ML30.25a.G47 R5 1924
- ML31 .G38 Call number of the George and Ira Gershwin Collection
- Holding of: George and Ira Gershwin collection, 1895-2008 (bulk 1920-1960)
- Library of Congress Music Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.music/perform.home
Library of Congress Control Number
- Certain restrictions to use or copying may apply.
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rhapsody in Blue: For Jazz Band and Piano. composeds by Gershwin, George, Oser Jan. 7, 1924. Notated Music. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019563767/.
APA citation style:
(1924) Rhapsody in Blue: For Jazz Band and Piano. Gershwin, G., comp Jan. 7. [Notated Music] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019563767/.
MLA citation style:
Rhapsody in Blue: For Jazz Band and Piano. comp by Gershwin, George, Oser Jan. 7, 1924. Notated Music. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019563767/>.