Film, Video Pathe news. 'Frisco strike riots! Frisco strike riots!
digital viewing copy
About this Item
- Pathe news. 'Frisco strike riots!
- Frisco strike riots!
- Footage of the riots that took place during the Longshoremen's Strike in San Francisco, California, that resulted in 80 injuries and 2 deaths. Union picketers can be seen battling police armed with guns and tear gas.
- Pathé News, Inc., production company
- RKO Distributing Corp., film distributor
Created / Published
- United States : RKO Distributing Corp., .
- - Longshoremen's Strike, San Francisco, Calif., 1934
- Nonfiction films
- - Probably filmed in July 1934. The injuries and deaths mentioned in the film occurred on July 5, 1934.
- - Sources used: Wikipedia, accessed July 24, 2019; Oakland tribune, July 6, 1934, accessed online July 24, 2019 via California Digital Newspaper Collection; Film daily yearbook, 1934, p. 977, accessed online September 10, 2023 via the Internet Archive.
- 1 video file (digital) (ca. 2 min.) : sd., b&w.
- Prelinger Collection (Library of Congress)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rko Distributing Corp., Film Distributor. Pathe news. 'Frisco strike riots!. produceds by Pathé News, Inc.Uction Company [United States: RKO Distributing Corp, 1934] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019600439/.
APA citation style:
Rko Distributing Corp, F. D. (1934) Pathe news. 'Frisco strike riots!. Pathé News, Inc.Uction Company, prod [United States: RKO Distributing Corp] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019600439/.
MLA citation style:
Rko Distributing Corp., Film Distributor. Pathe news. 'Frisco strike riots!. prod by Pathé News, Inc.Uction Company [United States: RKO Distributing Corp, 1934] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019600439/>.