Film, Video [Kinograms. No. 5021--excerpt], Senators win World Series Senators win World Series
digital viewing copy
About this Item
- [Kinograms. No. 5021--excerpt], Senators win World Series
- Senators win World Series
- Newsreel segment on the final game of the 1924 World Series, featuring the New York Giants playing the Washington Senators at Griffith Stadium in Washington, D. C. on October 10, 1924. The Senators won the game and the World Series.
- Simpson, Andrew, 1967- music
- Kinograms Publishing Corp
- Educational Pictures (Firm)
Created / Published
- United States : Educational Pictures, 
- - Harris, Bucky,--1896-1977
- - Johnson, Walter,--1887-1946
- - Coolidge, Calvin,--1872-1933
- - World Series (Baseball)--(1924)
- - Washington Senators (Baseball team : 1901-1960)
- - New York Giants (Baseball team)
- Film excerpts
- Nonfiction films
- - Appearing: Virgil Barnes, George Mogridge, Bucky Harris, Walter Johnson, Muddy Ruel, Earl McNeely, President Calvin Coolidge.
- - The newsreel Kinograms. No. 5021 was distributed in the United States by Educational Pictures, probably in 1924.
- - Filmed on October 10, 1924 at Griffith Stadium in Washington, D.C.
- - The intertitle stating SENATORS TIE THE SCORE does not describe the clip that follows it. The footage shows an inning-ending double play where the score does not change. We only see one player running across home plate and the pitcher indicates it is the end of the inning by walking towards the dugout. This footage is likely from the bottom of the 9th inning. In the game, the Senators scored two runs in a single play to tie the game in the middle of the bottom of the 8th inning.
- - Source used: Baseball reference WWW site, accessed February 2, 2021.
- 1 video file (digital) (ca. 5 min.) : sd., b&w.
- Nalkranian (Louise) Collection (Library of Congress)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Simpson, Andrew, Music, Kinograms Publishing Corp, and Educational Pictures. Kinograms. No. --excerpt, Senators win World Series. [United States: Educational Pictures, 1924] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019600448/.
APA citation style:
Simpson, A., Kinograms Publishing Corp & Educational Pictures. (1924) Kinograms. No. --excerpt, Senators win World Series. [United States: Educational Pictures] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019600448/.
MLA citation style:
Simpson, Andrew, Music, Kinograms Publishing Corp, and Educational Pictures. Kinograms. No. --excerpt, Senators win World Series. [United States: Educational Pictures, 1924] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019600448/>.