Book/Printed Material The wealth of networks : how social production transforms markets and freedom
About this Item
- The wealth of networks : how social production transforms markets and freedom
- Benkler, Yochai
Created / Published
- New Haven [Conn.] : Yale University Press, 
- Introduction: a moment of opportunity and challenge -- The networked information economy -- Some basic economics of information production and innovation -- Peer production and sharing -- The economics of social production -- The political economy of property and commons -- Individual freedom: autonomy, information, and law -- Political freedom part 1: the trouble with mass media -- Political freedom part 2: emergence of the networked public sphere -- Cultural freedom: a culture both plastic and critical -- Justice and development -- Social ties: networking together -- Policies of freedom at a moment of transformation -- The battle over the institutional ecology of the digital environment -- Conclusion: the stakes of information law and policy.
- - Information society
- - Information networks
- - Computer networks--Social aspects
- - Computer networks--Economic aspects
- - Includes bibliographical references (pages 475-490) and index.
- - Description based on print version record; resource not viewed.
- 1 electronic resource (xii, 515 pages )
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/legalcode External
- Unrestricted online access
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are licensed under open access licenses allowing for the reuse and distribution of each book following the terms described in each license. Researchers should consult the Rights Advisory statement for each title and the accompanying license details for information about rights and permissions associated with each of the licenses.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Benkler, Yochai. The Wealth of Networks: How Social Production Transforms Markets and Freedom. [New Haven Conn.: Yale University Press, ©, 2006] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019666612/.
APA citation style:
Benkler, Y. (2006) The Wealth of Networks: How Social Production Transforms Markets and Freedom. [New Haven Conn.: Yale University Press, ©] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019666612/.
MLA citation style:
Benkler, Yochai. The Wealth of Networks: How Social Production Transforms Markets and Freedom. [New Haven Conn.: Yale University Press, ©, 2006] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019666612/>.