Book/Printed Material Actors and the art of performance : under exposure
About this Item
- Actors and the art of performance : under exposure
- Valerie, Susanne, author
- Lagaay, Alice, translator
- Radosh, Laura, translator
Created / Published
- Houndsmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire [England] ; New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2016.
- Part I: Hits -- 1. Auditorium X -- Double stalemate -- Turning point, peripeteia -- Turn around -- i, mine -- 2. Speculations -- Actors' fears -- Crying -- Child's play -- Exposed -- With-out me -- 3. Black out -- First time at the theater -- Part II: Experts in being? -- 4. The actor: A creature of fable -- why do you want to be an actor? -- 5. The Causa Corpora -- The kiss of Olympia -- Machine against man -- The actor's trump card -- 6. The gift of acting -- Skipping -- Prejudice -- Subject-based thinking versus stage experience -- Master and servant -- Bodies on stage -- Innocence of becoming -- Language and speaking -- Digesting speech -- Counterwords -- The Other, the others -- Affect versus thought -- Thinking and acting -- Repetition -- 7. The gift of death -- Tu es mort -- Theater as a symbolic death -- Point of no return -- Felicity -- a salto mortale -- Our friend Touchstone -- 8. Finale and punctum -- Why do you want to be an actor?
- - Acting--Philosophy
- - Acting
- - Actresses
- - Performance art
- - Performing arts
- - Theater--Philosophy
- - Includes bibliographical references.
- - Description based on online resource; title from PDF title page (viewed on 08/27/2020)
- 1 online resource (xi, 120 pages ) : illustrations
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International. CC BY 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/ External
- Unrestricted online access
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are licensed under open access licenses allowing for the reuse and distribution of each book following the terms described in each license. Researchers should consult the Rights Advisory statement for each title and the accompanying license details for information about rights and permissions associated with each of the licenses.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Valerie, Susanne, Author. Actors and the Art of Performance: Under Exposure. translateds by Lagaay, Alicelator, and Radosh, Lauralator [Houndsmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire England ; New York: Palgrave Macmillan, . ©, 2016] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019666846/.
APA citation style:
Valerie, S. (2016) Actors and the Art of Performance: Under Exposure. Lagaay, A. & Radosh, L., transs [Houndsmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire England ; New York: Palgrave Macmillan, . ©] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019666846/.
MLA citation style:
Valerie, Susanne, Author. Actors and the Art of Performance: Under Exposure. trans by Lagaay, Alicelator, and Radosh, Lauralator [Houndsmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire England ; New York: Palgrave Macmillan, . ©, 2016] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019666846/>.