About this Item
- Datasets from Branch Rickey Papers
- Other Title
- Branch Rickey :
- The data available here is from Branch Rickey scouting reports, part of legendary baseball scout Rickey's Baseball Files available in his archival papers. In a career spanning nearly 60 years, Rickey was a player, manager, executive, and part-owner. He is perhaps best known as the man responsible for bringing Jackie Robinson into major league baseball in 1947, breaking baseball's long-established color barrier. The Branch Rickey data includes transcriptions of 1,926 pages of scouting reports. --Library of Congress website.
- Version 1: branch-rickey-scouting-reports-data.zip - zip file containing 3 .CSV files and a README file - branch-rickey-scouting-reports_20190322 - a .CSV containing campaign, project, item, itemID, asset, and asset status metadata, as well as an image link, and the volunteer-generated transcription. This .CSV is the direct export of the Branch Rickey Scouting Reports campaign - branch-rickey-scouting-reports_chartforms_20190322 - a .CSV containing campaign, project, item, itemID, asset, and asset status metadata, as well as an image link, and the volunteer-generated transcription for 183 charts, forms, and player cards removal notices. - branch-rickey-scouting-reports_scoutingreports_20190322 - a .CSV containing campaign, project, item, itemID, asset, and asset status metadata, as well as an image link, and the volunteer-generated transcription for 1,743 narrative scouting reports of varying length and format. Version 1 README file
- Version 2: This data set includes: - 2019667234_v2.zip - zip file containing a CSV file and a README file - branch-rickey-changing-the-game-2020-06-16.csv - a .CSV containing campaign, project, item, itemID, asset, and asset status metadata, as well as an image link, and the volunteer-generated transcription. This .CSV is the direct export of the Branch Rickey: Changing the Game campaign. Version 2 README file
- Contributor Names
- By the People (Program), compiler.
- Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : By the People, Library of Congress, 2019
- Subject Headings
- - Baseball--Scouting--United States
- Data sets
- - Data is available in 2 versions. Version 1 of the dataset was published in March 2019 by the Library of Congress Labs team. Version 2 of the dataset includes a csv with updated transcription data and was published June 16 2020.
- - Title devised by the cataloger
- Online resources (datasets)
- Call Number/Physical Location
- s-Online Electronic Resource
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- compressed data
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to The Selected Datasets Collection for educational and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of many materials in the Collection, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law. Researchers should watch for modern documents that may be copyrighted (for example, published in the United States more than 95 years ago, or unpublished and the author died less than 70 years ago).
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Digital Collections Management and Services Division
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Datasets from Branch Rickey Papers. composeds by By The People Iler Washington, D.C.: By the People, Library of Congress, 2019. Software, E-Resource. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019667234/.
APA citation style:
(2019) Datasets from Branch Rickey Papers. By The People Iler, comp Washington, D.C.: By the People, Library of Congress. [Software, E-Resource] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019667234/.
MLA citation style:
Datasets from Branch Rickey Papers. comp by By The People Iler Washington, D.C.: By the People, Library of Congress, 2019. Software, E-Resource. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019667234/>.
More Collections like this
CollectionDinosaur comics. This dataset was generated from content harvested from the Library of Congress's web archive of qwantz.com (Dinosaur Comics!): https://www.loc.gov/item/lcwaN0009953/. It includes minimal metadata about 3,325 image objects from the Dinosaur Comics! web...
- Contributor: Library of Congress Web Archiving Program - North, Ryan
- Date: 2019
CollectionNational Enquirer Index and Database Files, 1977- The National Enquirer Index and Database Files were created by Mike Handy and other retired Library of Congress staff and volunteers to index the microfilm holdings of National Enquirer at the Library...
- Contributor: Handy, Mike
- Date: 1977
CollectionAtlas of historical county boundaries The Atlas is composed of data packaged by state or the collective United States. The state packages are in three formats (52 zipped GIS program files, 52 zipped KMZ files, and 52...
- Contributor: Long, John Hamilton - Dr. William M. Scholl Center for American History and Culture
- Date: 2012
CollectionRodney Fort's Sports Business Data Pages.
Rodney Fort's Sports Business Data | RodsSportsBusinessData As of February 15, 2019, the dataset is organized into the following categories: North American Pro Leagues; World Football & MLS; NCAA College; and a General Data category, which includes Minor League...
- Contributor: Fort, Rodney D.
- Date: 2012
CollectionSimple English Wikipedia.
Simplewiki The dataset is composed of the content of Simple Wikipedia including articles and revision history in XML. The XML dumps are in a Export format and compressed in bzip2 and .7z formats;...
- Contributor: Wikimedia Foundation
- Date: 2003