About this Item
- Dinosaur comics.
- This dataset was generated from content harvested from the Library of Congress's web archive of qwantz.com (Dinosaur Comics!): https://www.loc.gov/item/lcwaN0009953/ It includes minimal metadata about 3,325 image objects from the Dinosaur Comics! web archive as well as the files themselves. This dataset was created as apart of exploratory work done by the Library of Congress's Web Archiving Team. README file
- This dataset includes: lcwa_dinosaurcomics_image_data.zip compressed bag containing the 3,325 files from the "qwantz" domain containing "image" in their media type from the archive, as well as manifest files with SHA-256 and SHA-512 checksums. The structure of the content follows the structure of the BagIt specification. -- lcwa_dinosaurcomics_image_metadata.csv a CSV containing metadata derived from the CDX line entry for each image file as well as information derived from archived instance; e.g., the Comic ID taken from the URL query string and the Comic Title taken from the "title" attribute in the HTML image tag. The fields and their contents are described in the "Dataset Field Descriptions" section.
- Contributor Names
- North, Ryan, 1980- author.
- Library of Congress Web Archiving Program, compiler.
- Created / Published
- Washington DC, Library of Congress Web Archiving Team, 2019.
- Subject Headings
- - Webcomics
- Data sets
- Cartoons (Humor)
- - "Dataset originally created 08/30/2019."--README file
- - Title from website home page (viewed May 1, 2020)
- Online resource (datasets)
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- compressed data
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
The Library of Congress is providing access to The Selected Datasets Collection for educational and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of many materials in the Collection, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law. Researchers should watch for modern documents that may be copyrighted (for example, published in the United States more than 95 years ago, or unpublished and the author died less than 70 years ago).
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Digital Collections Management and Services Division
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
North, Ryan, Author. Dinosaur Comics. composeds by Library Of Congress Web Archiving Programiler Washington DC, Library of Congress Web Archiving Team, 2019. Software, E-Resource. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019667235/.
APA citation style:
North, R. (2019) Dinosaur Comics. Library Of Congress Web Archiving Programiler, comp Washington DC, Library of Congress Web Archiving Team. [Software, E-Resource] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019667235/.
MLA citation style:
North, Ryan, Author. Dinosaur Comics. comp by Library Of Congress Web Archiving Programiler Washington DC, Library of Congress Web Archiving Team, 2019. Software, E-Resource. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019667235/>.
More Collections like this
CollectionSimple English Wikipedia.
Simplewiki The dataset is composed of the content of Simple Wikipedia including articles and revision history in XML. The XML dumps are in a Export format and compressed in bzip2 and .7z formats;...
- Contributor: Wikimedia Foundation
- Date: 2003
CollectionDatasets from Branch Rickey Papers
Branch Rickey : The data available here is from Branch Rickey scouting reports, part of legendary baseball scout Rickey's Baseball Files available in his archival papers. In a career spanning nearly 60 years, Rickey was...
- Contributor: By the People (Program)
- Date: 2019
CollectionEnron email dataset. "This dataset was collected and prepared by the CALO Project (A Cognitive Assistant that Learns and Organizes). It contains data from about 150 users, mostly senior management of Enron, organized into folders....
- Contributor: Enron Corp - United States. Federal Energy Regulatory Commission - Cohen, William W.
- Date: 2015
CollectionGrand comics database dataset
GCD A database of creator credits, story details, and other information useful to the readers and fans of comic books, minicomics, and fanzines.
- Contributor: Grand Comics Database Project
- Date: 1994
CollectionNational Enquirer Index and Database Files, 1977- The National Enquirer Index and Database Files were created by Mike Handy and other retired Library of Congress staff and volunteers to index the microfilm holdings of National Enquirer at the Library...
- Contributor: Handy, Mike
- Date: 1977