Software, E-Resource Iraq selected image metadata dataset
About this Item
- Iraq selected image metadata dataset
- This dataset includes a CSV containing metadata derived from the CDX line entry for each "image" file. The fields and their contents are described in the "Dataset Field Descriptions" section. It also includes a README file.
- Library of Congress
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Library of Congress, 2019
- - Iraq War, 2003-2011
- - Iraq--History--2003
- - Afghan War, 2001-2021
- - United States--Military policy
- - United States--Politics and government--2001-2009
- - Digital images
- - Web archives
- Data sets
- - "This dataset contains metadata for 306,954 image objects from the Iraq War 2003 Collection. The metadata was extracted using Apache Spark to query across the Library of Congress's Web Archive indexes. This dataset was created to satisfy a specific researcher request and contains metadata about image objects from 21 domains from the years 2003-2006, per the researcher's request."-- Web archive datasets website.
- - "The information included in this metadata CSV was extracted using Apache Spark to query across the Library of Congress's Web Archive CDX indexes. CDX indexes contain one line per web object in the Web Archive and are delimited by a single space. See the CDX specification for more information about the format: https://web.archive.org/web/20171123000432/https://iipc.github.io/warc-specifications/specifications/cdx-format/cdx-2006/. External More in depth information on how exactly the information was extracted can be found in the "How Was It Created" section below. This dataset was created to satisfy a specific researcher request."-- README file
- - Title devised by the cataloger
- Online resource (dataset)
Call Number/Physical Location
- s-Online Electronic Resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to The Selected Datasets Collection for educational and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of many materials in the Collection, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law. Researchers should watch for modern documents that may be copyrighted (for example, published in the United States more than 95 years ago, or unpublished and the author died less than 70 years ago).
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Digital Collections Management and Services Division
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Library Of Congress. Iraq Selected Image Metadata Dataset. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, 2019. Software, E-Resource. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019667240/.
APA citation style:
Library Of Congress. (2019) Iraq Selected Image Metadata Dataset. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress. [Software, E-Resource] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019667240/.
MLA citation style:
Library Of Congress. Iraq Selected Image Metadata Dataset. Washington, D.C.: Library of Congress, 2019. Software, E-Resource. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019667240/>.