Book/Printed Material Youth violence : sources and solutions in South Africa
About this Item
- Youth violence : sources and solutions in South Africa
- Dawes, Andrew.
- Van der Merwe, Amelia.
- Ward, Catherine L.
Created / Published
- Claremont [South Africa] : UCT Press, c2012.
- Youth violence in South Africa: setting the scene / Catherine L. Ward, Andrew Dawes and Richard Matzopoulos -- Gender, class, 'race' and violence / Don Foster -- The development of youth violence: an ecological understanding / Amelia van der Merwe, Andrew Dawes and Catherine L. Ward -- The situation of the youth in South Africa / Saadhna Panday ... [and others] -- Preventing the development of youth violence in the early years: implications for South African practice / Mark Tomlinson, Andrew Dawes and Alan J. Flisher -- School-based youth violence prevention interventions / Aník Gevers and Alan J. Flisher -- Interventions for out-of-school contexts / Lisa Wegner and Linda Caldwell -- Intervening with youths in gangs / Adam Cooper and Catherine L. Ward -- Youthful sex offending: the South African context, risks and effective management / Amelia van der Merwe, Ulrich Meys and Samantha Waterhouse -- Screen media violence and the socialisation of young viewers / Jane Stadler -- Interventions for young offenders: what we know about what 'works' in diversion programmes / Amelia van der Merwe and Andrew Dawes -- Addressing youth violence in cities and neighbourhoods / Margaret Shaw -- The South African context: future directions in research and practice / Amelia van der Merwe, Andrew Dawes and Catherine L. Ward.
- - Violence--South Africa--Prevention
- - Violence--South Africa
- - Youth and violence--South Africa
- - Includes bibliographical references and index.
- - Description based on print version record; resource not viewed.
- 1 electronic resource (xv, 432 pages )
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode External
- Unrestricted online access
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are licensed under open access licenses allowing for the reuse and distribution of each book following the terms described in each license. Researchers should consult the Rights Advisory statement for each title and the accompanying license details for information about rights and permissions associated with each of the licenses.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Dawes, Andrew, Amelia Van Der Merwe, and Catherine L Ward. Youth violence: sources and solutions in South Africa. [Claremont South Africa: UCT Press, 2012] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019667280/.
APA citation style:
Dawes, A., Van Der Merwe, A. & Ward, C. L. (2012) Youth violence: sources and solutions in South Africa. [Claremont South Africa: UCT Press] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019667280/.
MLA citation style:
Dawes, Andrew, Amelia Van Der Merwe, and Catherine L Ward. Youth violence: sources and solutions in South Africa. [Claremont South Africa: UCT Press, 2012] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019667280/>.