Book/Printed Material Digital passages: migrant youth 2.0 : diaspora, gender and youth cultural intersections
About this Item
- Digital passages: migrant youth 2.0 : diaspora, gender and youth cultural intersections
- Increasingly, young people live online, with the vast majority of their social and cultural interactions conducted through means other than face-to-face conversation. How does this transition impact the ways in which young migrants understand, negotiate, and perform identity? That's the question taken up by Digital Passages: Migrant Youth 2.0, a groundbreaking analysis of the ways that youth culture online interacts with issues of diaspora, gender, and belonging. Drawing on surveys, in-depth interviews, and ethnography, Koen Leurs builds an interdisciplinary portrait of online youth culture and the spaces it opens up for migrant youth to negotiate power relations and to promote intercultural understanding.
- Leurs, Koen, author.
Created / Published
- Amsterdam : Amsterdam University Press, 
- - Digital media--Social aspects--Netherlands
- - Ethnic mass media
- - Mass media--Netherlands
- - Description based on print version record; resource not viewed.
- - Appendix: pages 287-313.
- - Includes bibliographical references (pages 261-285) and index.
- 1 electronic resource (319 pages )
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International CC BY-NC 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode External
- Unrestricted online access
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are licensed under open access licenses allowing for the reuse and distribution of each book following the terms described in each license. Researchers should consult the Rights Advisory statement for each title and the accompanying license details for information about rights and permissions associated with each of the licenses.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Leurs, Koen, Author. Digital Passages: Migrant Youth 2.0: Diaspora, Gender and Youth Cultural Intersections. [Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press, ©, 2015] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019667538/.
APA citation style:
Leurs, K. (2015) Digital Passages: Migrant Youth 2.0: Diaspora, Gender and Youth Cultural Intersections. [Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press, ©] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019667538/.
MLA citation style:
Leurs, Koen, Author. Digital Passages: Migrant Youth 2.0: Diaspora, Gender and Youth Cultural Intersections. [Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press, ©, 2015] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019667538/>.