About this Item
- Copyright title pages,
- Collection of title pages that were deposited by authors and publishers as evidence of the intention to publish. Some title pages document works that were substantially altered before publication or were never printed.
- Early Copyright Records Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- - Title pages--Specimens
- - Copyright--Titles--United States
- - Copyright--United States--History--Sources
- - United States--Imprints--History--Sources
- - Arrangement of title pages: alphabetical by state.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress website.
- - Forms part of the Early Copyright Records Collection, 1790-1870.
- 538 sheets (1 box)
Call Number/Physical Location
- Z49.5.T4 C67 box 16
- Early Copyright Records Collection, 1790-1870 Copyright title pages.
- Library of Congress Rare Books and Special Collections Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu https://hdl.loc.gov/loc.rbc/rbc.home
Library of Congress Control Number
- Open to research. Researchers are advised to contact the Rare Book and Special Collections Reading Room prior to visiting. https://hdl.loc.gov/loc.rbc/rbc.contact
- online text
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Early Copyright Records Collection have no known copyright restrictions and are free to use and reuse.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Early Copyright Records Collection. Copyright Title Pages. 1838. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019713427/.
APA citation style:
Early Copyright Records Collection. (1838) Copyright Title Pages. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019713427/.
MLA citation style:
Early Copyright Records Collection. Copyright Title Pages. 1838. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019713427/>.