Book/Printed Material New Horizons for Asian Museums and Museology
About this Item
- New Horizons for Asian Museums and Museology
- This book presents up-to-date information about museums and museology in present-day Asia, focusing on Japan, Mongolia, Myanmar, and Thailand. Asian countries today have developed or are developing their own museology and museums, which are not simple copies of European or North American models. This book provides readers with carefully chosen examples of museum activities-for example, exhibition and sharing information, database construction, access to and conservation of museum collections, relationships between museums and local communities, and international cooperation in the field of cultural heritage. Readers are expected to include museum professionals and museology students. Throughout the course of this book, the reader will understand that a museum is not only a place for collecting, representing, and preserving cultural heritage but also plays a fundamental role in community development. This book is highly recommended to readers who seek a worldwide vision of museum studies. The peer-reviewed chapters in this volume are written versions of the lectures delivered by selected speakers at the international symposium "New Horizons for Asian Museums and Museology" held in February 2015 at the National Museum of Ethnology, Japan.
- Sonoda, Naoko. editor.
Created / Published
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- - Archaeology
- - Cultural heritage
- - Cultural Heritage
- - Description based on publisher-supplied MARC data.
- - Literature, Cultural and Media Studies (R0) (SpringerNature-43723)
- - Literature, Cultural and Media Studies (SpringerNature-41173)
- 1 online resource (VIII, 204 pages 130 illustrations)
Library of Congress Control Number
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International CC BY-NC 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode External
- Unrestricted online access
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are licensed under open access licenses allowing for the reuse and distribution of each book following the terms described in each license. Researchers should consult the Rights Advisory statement for each title and the accompanying license details for information about rights and permissions associated with each of the licenses.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sonoda, Naoko. Editor. New Horizons for Asian Museums and Museology. Singapore: Springer Singapore: Imprint: Springer, 2016. Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019749158/.
APA citation style:
Sonoda, N. E. (2016) New Horizons for Asian Museums and Museology. Singapore: Springer Singapore: Imprint: Springer. [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019749158/.
MLA citation style:
Sonoda, Naoko. Editor. New Horizons for Asian Museums and Museology. Singapore: Springer Singapore: Imprint: Springer, 2016. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019749158/>.