Book/Printed Material Problem Solving in Mathematics Education
About this Item
- Problem Solving in Mathematics Education
- This survey book reviews four interrelated areas: (i) the relevance of heuristics in problem-solving approaches - why they are important and what research tells us about their use; (ii) the need to characterize and foster creative problem-solving approaches - what type of heuristics helps learners devise and practice creative solutions; (iii) the importance that learners formulate and pursue their own problems; and iv) the role played by the use of both multiple-purpose and ad hoc mathematical action types of technologies in problem-solving contexts - what ways of reasoning learners construct when they rely on the use of digital technologies, and how technology and technology approaches can be reconciled.
- Liljedahl, Peter, author
- Bruder, Regina, author
- Malaspina, Uldarico, author
- Santos-Trigo, Manuel, author
Created / Published
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- Main Topics You Can Find in this "ICME-13 Topical Survey" -- Introduction -- Survey on the State-of-the-art -- Summary and Looking Ahead.
- - Educational technology
- - Instruction
- - Learning
- - Mathematics--Study and teaching
- - Mathematics Education
- - Educational Technology
- - Learning & Instruction
- - Description based on publisher-supplied MARC data.
- - Education (R0) (SpringerNature-43721)
- - Education (SpringerNature-41171)
- 1 online resource (VII, 39 pages 9 illustrations)
Library of Congress Control Number
- Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International. CC BY 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode/ External
- Unrestricted online access
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are licensed under open access licenses allowing for the reuse and distribution of each book following the terms described in each license. Researchers should consult the Rights Advisory statement for each title and the accompanying license details for information about rights and permissions associated with each of the licenses.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Liljedahl, Peter, Author, Regina Bruder, Uldarico Malaspina, and Manuel Santos-Trigo. Problem Solving in Mathematics Education. Cham: Springer International Publishing: Imprint: Springer, 2016. Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019754510/.
APA citation style:
Liljedahl, P., Bruder, R., Malaspina, U. & Santos-Trigo, M. (2016) Problem Solving in Mathematics Education. Cham: Springer International Publishing: Imprint: Springer. [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019754510/.
MLA citation style:
Liljedahl, Peter, Author, et al. Problem Solving in Mathematics Education. Cham: Springer International Publishing: Imprint: Springer, 2016. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019754510/>.