Book/Printed Material Computational Thinking Education
About this Item
- Computational Thinking Education
- This book is open access under a CC BY 4.0 license. This book offers a comprehensive guide, covering every important aspect of computational thinking education. It provides an in-depth discussion of computational thinking, including the notion of perceiving computational thinking practices as ways of mapping models from the abstraction of data and process structures to natural phenomena. Further, it explores how computational thinking education is implemented in different regions, and how computational thinking is being integrated into subject learning in K-12 education. In closing, it discusses computational thinking from the perspective of STEM education, the use of video games to teach computational thinking, and how computational thinking is helping to transform the quality of the workforce in the textile and apparel industry.
- Abelson, Harold, editor.
- Kong, Siu-Cheung, editor.
Created / Published
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- 1 Introduction to Computational Thinking Education -- Part I Computational Thinking and Tool Development -- 2 Computational Thinking: More than a Variant of Scientific Inquiry! -- 3 MIT App Inventor: Objectives, Design, and Development -- Part II Student Competency and Assessment -- 4 Measuring Secondary School Students' Competence in Computational Thinking in ICILS 2018: Challenges, Concepts and Potential Implications for School Systems around the World -- 5 Computational Thinking Processes and their Congruence with Problem-Solving and Information-Processing -- 6 Combining Assessment Tools for a Comprehensive Evaluation of Computational Thinking Interventions -- 7 Introducing and Assessing Computational Thinking in the Secondary Science Classroom -- 8 Components and Methods of Evaluating Computational Thinking for Fostering Creative Problem-Solvers in Senior Primary School Education -- Part III Computational Thinking and Programming Education in K-12 -- 9 Learning Composite and Prime Numbers through Developing an App: An Example of Computational Thinking Development through Primary Mathematics Learning -- 10 Teaching Computational Thinking using Mathematics Gamification in Computer Science Game Tournaments -- 11 Mathematics Learning: Perceptions towards the Design of a Website based on a Fun Computational Thinking-based Knowledge Management Framework -- Part IV Computational Thinking in K-12 STEM Education and Non-formal Learning -- 12 Defining and Assessing Students' Computational Thinking in a Learning by Modeling Environment -- 13 Roles, Collaboration, and the Development of Computational Thinking in a Robotics Learning Environment -- 14 Video Games: A Potential Vehicle for Teaching Computational Thinking -- 15 Transforming the Quality of Workforce in the Textile and Apparel Industry through Computational Thinking Education -- Part V Teacher and Mentor Development in K-12 Education -- 16 Teaching Computational Thinking with Electronic Textiles: Modeling Iterative Practices and Supporting Personal Projects in Exploring Computer Science -- 17 A Study of Readiness of Implementing Computational Thinking in Compulsory Education in Taiwan -- 18 Self-development through Service-oriented Stress-Adaptation-Growth (SOSAG) Process in the Engagement of Computational Thinking Co-teaching Education -- Part VI Computational Thinking in Educational Policy and Implementation -- 19 Educational Policy and Implementation of Computational Thinking and Programming: Case Study of Singapore -- 20 Teaching-Learning of Computational Thinking in K-12 Schools in India.
- - Educational technology
- - Instruction
- - Learning
- - Teaching
- - Learning & Instruction
- - Educational Technology
- - Teaching and Teacher Education
- - Technology and Digital Education
- - Description based on publisher-supplied MARC data.
- - Education (R0) (SpringerNature-43721)
- - Education (SpringerNature-41171)
- 1 online resource (IX, 382 pages 110 illustrations, 93 illustrations in color.)
Library of Congress Control Number
- Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International. CC BY 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode/ External
- Unrestricted online access
- Open Access
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are licensed under open access licenses allowing for the reuse and distribution of each book following the terms described in each license. Researchers should consult the Rights Advisory statement for each title and the accompanying license details for information about rights and permissions associated with each of the licenses.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Abelson, Harolditor, and Siu-Cheungitor Kong, editor. Computational Thinking Education. Singapore: Springer Singapore: Imprint: Springer, 2019. Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/2019762295/.
APA citation style:
Abelson, H. & Kong, S., editor. (2019) Computational Thinking Education. Singapore: Springer Singapore: Imprint: Springer. [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2019762295/.
MLA citation style:
Abelson, Harolditor, and Siu-Cheungitor Kong, editor. Computational Thinking Education. Singapore: Springer Singapore: Imprint: Springer, 2019. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2019762295/>.