Software, E-Resource Transcription datasets from Susan B. Anthony Papers, Manuscript Division By the People transcription campaign title: Susan B. Anthony Papers
About this Item
- Transcription datasets from Susan B. Anthony Papers, Manuscript Division
- By the People transcription campaign title: Susan B. Anthony Papers
- This dataset is an export of transcriptions for 5,156 images from the Susan B. Anthony Papers created by volunteers participating in the Library of Congress crowdsourcing program By the People (https://crowd.loc.gov) campaign, Susan B. Anthony Papers. It contains text created by volunteers through a transcription and review process, volunteer-created tags, digital collections metadata, and metadata representing the arrangement of the items in the By the People platform, Concordia.
- This dataset includes transcriptions and data generated from the pages in the By the People campaign Susan B. Anthony Papers (https://crowd.loc.gov/campaigns/susan-b-anthony-papers/). The campaign consisted of a selection of then available online images of digitized content from the Susan B. Anthony Papers (http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.mss/collmss.ms000065). The papers of the reformer and suffragist span the period 1846-1934 and capture her interests in abolition and women's education, her campaign for women's property rights and suffrage in New York, and her work with the National Woman Suffrage Association (NWSA). The transcription campaign included the correspondence, daybook and diaries, and speeches and writing series of the collection. See the Anthony digital collection for all available online items for this collection, as well as contextual information, such as a timeline and bibliographic resources.
- Note: This dataset may contain UNICODE characters or lengthy transcriptions which may display incorrectly in some spreadsheet editors.
- About versioning: Version 1 of the dataset was initially created on 2021-04-19. Version 2 of the dataset was created 2022-10-12 to include a revised README and tags data in the CSV. Both .CSV files are direct exports of the Susan B. Anthony Papers campaign.
- Version 2, description of contents: This dataset includes: 2020445591_v2.zip - a zip file containing a CSV file and a README file. susan-b-anthony-papers_2022-10-12.csv contains campaign, project, item, itemID, asset, and asset status metadata, as well as an image URL, the volunteer-created transcriptions, and volunteer-created tags.
- Version 1, description of contents: This dataset includes: zip file containing a CSV file and a README file. susan-b-anthony-papers-2021-04-19.csv contains campaign, project, item, itemID, asset, and asset status metadata, as well as an image link, and the volunteer-generated transcriptions.
- Anthony, Susan B. (Susan Brownell), 1820-1906
- By the People (Program), compiler
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : By the People, Library of Congress, 2021-2022
- - Anthony, Susan B.--(Susan Brownell),--1820-1906--Correspondence
- - Women--Legal status, laws, etc.--History--19th century
- - Women--Suffrage
- - Women's rights
- - Feminism
- - Antislavery movements
- - Social problems--United States--History--19th century
- - Temperance--United States--Societies, etc.--History--19th century
- - African Americans--Civil rights--History--19th century
- Data sets
- - "Dataset created 04/19/2021."--Version 1 README file.
- - "Dataset created: 2022-10-12."--Version 2 README file.
- - Title from README file
- 1 online resource (dataset)
Call Number/Physical Location
- s-Online Electronic Resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to The Selected Datasets Collection for educational and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of many materials in the Collection, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law. Researchers should watch for modern documents that may be copyrighted (for example, published in the United States more than 95 years ago, or unpublished and the author died less than 70 years ago).
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Digital Collections Management and Services Division
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Anthony, Susan B. Transcription datasets from Susan B. Anthony Papers, Manuscript Division. composeds by By The People Iler Washington, D.C.: By the People, Library of Congress, to 2022, 2021. Software, E-Resource. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020445591/.
APA citation style:
Anthony, S. B. (2021) Transcription datasets from Susan B. Anthony Papers, Manuscript Division. By The People Iler, comp Washington, D.C.: By the People, Library of Congress, to 2022. [Software, E-Resource] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020445591/.
MLA citation style:
Anthony, Susan B. Transcription datasets from Susan B. Anthony Papers, Manuscript Division. comp by By The People Iler Washington, D.C.: By the People, Library of Congress, to 2022, 2021. Software, E-Resource. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020445591/>.