Software, E-Resource Dataset of death probabilities Probabilities of death dataset
About this Item
- Dataset of death probabilities
- Probabilities of death dataset
- United States. Social Security Administration
Created / Published
- Washington, D.C. : Social Security Administration, 
- Males, Historical (1900-2010) [TXT, CSV, Excel]. -- Males, Projected (2011-2090) [TXT, CSV, Excel]. -- Females Historical (1900-2010) [TXT, CSV, Excel]. -- Females, Projected (2011-2090) [TXT, CSV, Excel].
- - Mortality--United States
- - United States--Statistics, Vital
- - Vital statistics
- Data sets
- - "The following tables provide historical and projected probabilities of death by single year of age, sex, and year for the period 1900 through 2090. In this context, a given probability of death represents the chance that someone exactly the given age will die within one year." --Dataset website.
- - "Projected values contained in these files are based on the intermediate assumptions of the 2014 Trustees Report"--Dataset website, viewed July 12, 2022.
- - Title from dataset website, viewed July 12, 2022.
- Online resource (datasets)
Call Number/Physical Location
- s-Online Electronic Resource
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to The Selected Datasets Collection for educational and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of many materials in the Collection, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law. Researchers should watch for modern documents that may be copyrighted (for example, published in the United States more than 95 years ago, or unpublished and the author died less than 70 years ago).
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Digital Collections Management and Services Division
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Social Security Administration. Dataset of Death Probabilities. [Washington, D.C.: Social Security Administration, 2014] Software, E-Resource. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020449239/.
APA citation style:
United States Social Security Administration. (2014) Dataset of Death Probabilities. [Washington, D.C.: Social Security Administration] [Software, E-Resource] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020449239/.
MLA citation style:
United States Social Security Administration. Dataset of Death Probabilities. [Washington, D.C.: Social Security Administration, 2014] Software, E-Resource. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020449239/>.