Film, Video A city decides
digital viewing copy
About this Item
- A city decides
- "A 'racial' incident in Beaumont High School, St. Louis, shortly after integration in the schools of that city; how the school board of St. Louis planned and carried out their integration program"--Educational film/video locator, third edition, volume I, p. 973.
- Guggenheim, Charles, direction
- Heffron, Richard, 1930- production
- Simon, Mayo, writing
- Guggenheim Productions, inc
- Fund for the Republic
Created / Published
- - School integration--Missouri--Saint Louis
- Sponsored films
- Documentary films
- Nonfiction films
- - Sponsored by The Fund for the Republic ; supervised by Fleishman-Hillard, Inc. ; photography by Victor Duncan.
- - According to the MAVIS record, this is a re-cut version of the film, however the film appears to be complete and the running time matches that given in secondary sources.
- - Source used: Prelinger, R. The field guide to sponsored films, 2006, p. 19.
- 1 video file (digital) (ca. 29 min.) : sd., b&w.
- MacDonald (J. Fred and Leslie W.) Collection (Library of Congress)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Heffron, Richard, Production, Mayo Simon, Inc Guggenheim Productions, and Fund For The Republic. A City Decides. directeds by Guggenheim, Charlesection 1956. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020600727/.
APA citation style:
Heffron, R., Simon, M., Guggenheim Productions, I. & Fund For The Republic. (1956) A City Decides. Guggenheim, C., dir [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020600727/.
MLA citation style:
Heffron, Richard, Production, et al. A City Decides. dir by Guggenheim, Charlesection 1956. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020600727/>.