Film, Video Film communique. No. 4
digital viewing copy
About this Item
- Film communique. No. 4
- This issue covers three subjects; Aerial Techniques, showing action during raids by our flyers on Hansa Bay, Wewak and Rabaul, featuring skip and 'parafrag' bombing. Roll of Honor shows the rebuilding by African American engineer troops of the Munda airstrip. Fifth Army follows our infantry from Salerno through devastated Italian cities across from the raging Volturno River.
- United States. Army. Signal Corps
- United States. War Department
Created / Published
- United States : War Department, 1943.
- - World War, 1939-1945--Aerial operations, American
- - World War, 1939-1945--Solomon Islands--Munda
- - World War, 1939-1945--Italy
- Nonfiction films
- - Produced with the cooperation of combat film units of the Marines, Army Air Forces, and the United States Navy.
- - Summary adapted from Educational film/video locator, third edition, volume I, p. 1332.
- - Attention: Fifth Army segment contains partial male nudity.
- - At head of film: exclusive for the men and women of American industry.
- - Official War Film no. W. F. 15.
- 1 video file (digital) (ca. 21 min.) : sd., b&w.
- MacDonald (J. Fred and Leslie W.) Collection (Library of Congress)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army. Signal Corps, and United States War Department. Film communique. No. 4. United States: War Department, 1943. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020600729/.
APA citation style:
United States Army. Signal Corps & United States War Department. (1943) Film communique. No. 4. United States: War Department. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020600729/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army. Signal Corps, and United States War Department. Film communique. No. 4. United States: War Department, 1943. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020600729/>.