Film, Video Selling America
digital viewing copy
About this Item
- Selling America
- "Presents dramatically the techniques of selling, based on Benjamin Franklin's principles of human association. Shows the merits of each of the principles in an actual selling situation"--Educational film/video locator, third edition, vol. 2, 1986, p. 2549.
- Jam Handy Organization
- General Motors Sales Corporation. Frigidaire Division
Created / Published
- United States : General Motors Sales Corporation, Frigidaire Division, 1938.
- - Selling
- - Franklin, Benjamin,--1706-1790
- Sponsored films
- Instructional films
- Nonfiction films
- - Date from Jam Handy Organization production log.
- - There are multiple versions of this film. Prelinger Collection inventory indicates that the Frigidaire version is the original version.
- - Summary is probably for a later version of the film.
- - Sources used: Jam Handy Organization production log, 1936-1968, accessed via Internet Archive WWW site, June 25, 2020; MBRS Prelinger Collection inventory.
- 1 video file (digital) (ca. 24 min.) : sd., b&w.
- Prelinger Collection (Library of Congress)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jam Handy Organization, and General Motors Sales Corporation. Frigidaire Division. Selling America. United States: General Motors Sales Corporation, Frigidaire Division, 1938. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020604401/.
APA citation style:
Jam Handy Organization & General Motors Sales Corporation. Frigidaire Division. (1938) Selling America. United States: General Motors Sales Corporation, Frigidaire Division. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020604401/.
MLA citation style:
Jam Handy Organization, and General Motors Sales Corporation. Frigidaire Division. Selling America. United States: General Motors Sales Corporation, Frigidaire Division, 1938. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020604401/>.