Book/Printed Material Poetry's afterlife : verse in the digital age
About this Item
- Poetry's afterlife : verse in the digital age
- Stein, Kevin, 1954-
Created / Published
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press : University of Michigan Library, 
- [1.] On poets and aesthetic history. Paper or plastic, Pepsi or Coke, irony or sincerity? -- "The only courage is joy!": ecstasy and doubt in James Wright's poetry -- Playing favorites: American poetry's top ten-ism fetish -- "When the frost is on the punkin": newspaper poetry's history and decline -- Aesthetic dodo -- [2.] On technology & the writerly life. Poems and pixels: the work of art in an age of digital reproduction -- A digital poetry playlist: varieties of video and new media poetries -- These drafts and castoffs: mapping literary manuscripts -- Death by zeroes and ones: the fate of literary "papers" -- [3.] On teaching and the writer's workshop. The hammer -- Voice: what you say and how readers hear it -- Why kids hate poetry -- Whitman's sampler: an assortment of youth poems -- [4.] After silence. (Hidden track): poetry in public places.
- - American poetry--20th century--History and criticism
- - American poetry--21st century--History and criticism
- - Poetry--Appreciation--United States--History--20th century
- - Poetry--Appreciation--United States--History--21st century
- - "Digital culture books"--Ser. t.p.
- - Includes bibliographical references and index.
- - Description based on print version record.
- 1 online resource
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 3.0 Unported CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/legalcode External
- Unrestricted online access
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are licensed under open access licenses allowing for the reuse and distribution of each book following the terms described in each license. Researchers should consult the Rights Advisory statement for each title and the accompanying license details for information about rights and permissions associated with each of the licenses.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Stein, Kevin. Poetry's Afterlife: Verse in the Digital Age. [Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press: University of Michigan Library, 2010] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020706777/.
APA citation style:
Stein, K. (2010) Poetry's Afterlife: Verse in the Digital Age. [Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press: University of Michigan Library] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020706777/.
MLA citation style:
Stein, Kevin. Poetry's Afterlife: Verse in the Digital Age. [Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press: University of Michigan Library, 2010] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020706777/>.