Book/Printed Material Cosmopolitan archaeologies
About this Item
- Cosmopolitan archaeologies
- Meskell, Lynn.
Created / Published
- Durham, NC : Duke University Press, 2009.
- Young and free: the Australian past in a global future / Jane Lydon -- Strangers and brothers? heritage, human rights, and cosmopolitan archaeology in Oceania / Ian Lilley -- Archaeology and the fortress of rationality / Denis Byrne -- The nature of culture in Kruger National Park / Lynn Meskell -- Vernacular cosmopolitanism : an archaeological critique of universalistic reason / Alfredo Gonzalez-Ruibal -- The archaeologist as a world citizen : on the morals of heritage preservation and destruction / Chip Colwell-Chanthaphonh -- "Time's wheel runs back" : conversations with the Middle Eastern past / Sandra Arnold Scham -- Mavili's voice / Ian Hodder -- "Walking around like they own the place" : quotidian cosmopolitanism at a Maya and World Heritage archaeological site / Lisa Breglia -- Translating Ecuadorian modernities : pre-Hispanic archaeology and the reproduction of global difference / O. Hugo Penavides.
- - Archaeologists--Professional ethics
- - Archaeology--Moral and ethical aspects
- - Archaeology--Political aspects
- - Cultural property--Moral and ethical aspects
- - Includes bibliographical references (pages -283) and index.
- - Description based on print version record; resource not viewed.
- 1 electronic resource (296 pages )
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode External
- Unrestricted online access
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are licensed under open access licenses allowing for the reuse and distribution of each book following the terms described in each license. Researchers should consult the Rights Advisory statement for each title and the accompanying license details for information about rights and permissions associated with each of the licenses.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Meskell, Lynn. Cosmopolitan Archaeologies. Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2009. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020716627/.
APA citation style:
Meskell, L. (2009) Cosmopolitan Archaeologies. Durham, NC: Duke University Press. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020716627/.
MLA citation style:
Meskell, Lynn. Cosmopolitan Archaeologies. Durham, NC: Duke University Press, 2009. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020716627/>.