Book/Printed Material Youth, identity, and digital media
About this Item
- Youth, identity, and digital media
- Buckingham, David, 1954-
Created / Published
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, 
- Introducing identity / David Buckingham -- Imaging, keyboarding, and posting identities : young people and new media technologies / Sandra Weber and Claudia Mitchell -- Consumer citizens online : structure, agency, and gender in online participation / Rebekah Willett -- Questioning the generational divide : technological exoticism and adult construction of online youth identity / Susan C. Herring -- Producing sites, exploring identities : youth online authorship / Susannah Stern -- Why youth (heart) social network sites : the changing place of digital media in teenage social life / Danah Boyd -- Mobile identity : youth, identity and mobile communication media / Gitte Stald -- Leisure is hard work : digital practices and future competences / Kirsten Drotner -- Mixing the digital, social and cultural : learning, identity and agency in youth participation / Shelley Goldman, Meghan McDermott, and Angela Booker.
- - Digital media--Social aspects
- - Identity (Psychology) in adolescence
- - Internet and teenagers
- - Internet--Social aspects
- - Teenagers--Computer network resources
- - Includes bibliographical references.
- - Description based on print version record; resource not viewed.
- 1 electronic resource (ix, 206 pages )
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode External
- Unrestricted online access
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are licensed under open access licenses allowing for the reuse and distribution of each book following the terms described in each license. Researchers should consult the Rights Advisory statement for each title and the accompanying license details for information about rights and permissions associated with each of the licenses.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Buckingham, David. Youth, Identity, and Digital Media. [Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, ©, 2008] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020718280/.
APA citation style:
Buckingham, D. (2008) Youth, Identity, and Digital Media. [Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, ©] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020718280/.
MLA citation style:
Buckingham, David. Youth, Identity, and Digital Media. [Cambridge, Mass.: MIT Press, ©, 2008] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020718280/>.