Book/Printed Material Chinese heritage in the making : experiences, negotiations and contestations
About this Item
- Chinese heritage in the making : experiences, negotiations and contestations
- The Chinese state uses cultural heritage as a source of power by linking it to political and economic goals, but heritage discourse has at the same time encouraged new actors to appropriate the discourse to protect their own traditions. This book focuses on that contested nature of heritage, especially through the lens of individuals, local communities, religious groups, and heritage experts. It examines the effect of the internet on heritage-isation, as well as how that process affects different groups of people.
- Maags, Christina, editor
- Svensson, Marina, 1961- editor
Created / Published
- Amsterdam : Amsterdam University Press, 
- - Cultural property--China
- - China--Civilization
- - China--Cultural policy
- - Includes bibliographical references and index.
- - Description based on print version record; resource not viewed.
- 1 electronic resource (298 pages )
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 3.0 Unported CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/legalcode External
- Unrestricted online access
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are licensed under open access licenses allowing for the reuse and distribution of each book following the terms described in each license. Researchers should consult the Rights Advisory statement for each title and the accompanying license details for information about rights and permissions associated with each of the licenses.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Svensson, Marina, Editor. Chinese Heritage in the Making: Experiences, Negotiations and Contestations. editeds by Maags, Christinaitor [Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press, ©, 2018] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020718478/.
APA citation style:
Svensson, M., Maags, C., ed. (2018) Chinese Heritage in the Making: Experiences, Negotiations and Contestations. [Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press, ©] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020718478/.
MLA citation style:
Svensson, Marina, Editor. Chinese Heritage in the Making: Experiences, Negotiations and Contestations. ed by Maags, Christinaitor [Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press, ©, 2018] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020718478/>.