Book/Printed Material Global histories of work
About this Item
- Global histories of work
- Eckert, Andreas, 1964- editor
Created / Published
- Berlin : De Gruyter Oldenbourg, 
- Why all the fuss about global labour history? / Andreas Eckert -- The globalization of labour history. The promise and challenges of global labour history / Marcel van der Linden ; Writing a global history of convict labour / Christian G. De Vito, Alex Lichtenstein ; Rethinking worlds of labour : Southern African labour history in international context / Philip Bonner, Jonathan Hyslop and Lucien van der Walt -- Varities of work. Workers in the world : Indian seafarers, c. 1870s-1940s / G. Balachandran ; Soldiering and working : almost the same? Reviewing practices in industry and the military in twentieth-century contexts / Alf Lüdtke ; Work : transformation of objects or interaction between subjects? / Gerd Spittler -- Dynamics of labour relations. The politics of ambiguity : conditional manumission, labor contracts, and slave emancipation in Brazil (1850s-1888) / Sidney Chalhoub ; Regulated informality : legal constructions of labour relations in colonial India 1814-1926 / Prabhu P. Mohapatra ; The legal status of labour from the seventeenth to the nineteenth century : Russia in a comparative European perspective / Alessandro Stanziani -- The end of wage labour? Wageless life / Michael Denning ; The problem with work / Kathie Weeks ; Reshaping the social contract : emerging relations between the state and informal labor in India / Rina Agarwala.
- - Convict labor--History
- - Labor unions and international relations
- - Labor unions--History
- - Labor--History
- - Work
- - Working class--History
- - Collection of texts published previously.
- - Includes bibliographical references.
- - Description based on print version record; resource not viewed.
- 1 electronic resource (vi, 367 pages )
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode External
- Unrestricted online access
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are licensed under open access licenses allowing for the reuse and distribution of each book following the terms described in each license. Researchers should consult the Rights Advisory statement for each title and the accompanying license details for information about rights and permissions associated with each of the licenses.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Eckert, Andreas, Editor. Global Histories of Work. [Berlin: De Gruyter Oldenbourg, 2016] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020719190/.
APA citation style:
Eckert, A. (2016) Global Histories of Work. [Berlin: De Gruyter Oldenbourg] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020719190/.
MLA citation style:
Eckert, Andreas, Editor. Global Histories of Work. [Berlin: De Gruyter Oldenbourg, 2016] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020719190/>.