Book/Printed Material Dalit studies
About this Item
- Dalit studies
- Rawat, Ramnarayan S., editor
- Satyanarayana, K., editor
Created / Published
- Durham : Duke University Press, 2016.
- Dalit studies: new perspectives on Indian history and society / Ramnarayan S. Rawat and K. Satyanarayana -- The Indian Nation in its egalitarian conception / Gopal Guru -- Probing the historical -- Colonial archive versus colonial sociology: writing Dalit history / Ramnarayan S. Rawat -- Social space, civil society, and Dalit agency in twentieth-century Kerala / P. Sanal Mohan -- Dilemmas of Dalit agendas: political subjugation and self-emancipation in Telugu Country, 1910-50 / Chinnaiah Jangam -- Making sense of Dalit sikh history / Raj Kumar Hans -- Probing the present -- The Dalit reconfiguration of modernity: citizens and castes in the Telugu public sphere / K. Satyanarayana -- Questions of representation in Dalit critical discourse: Premchand and Dalit feminism / Laura Brueck -- Social justice and the question of categorization of scheduled caste reservations: the Dandora debate in Andhra Pradesh / Sambaiah Gundimeda -- Caste and class among the Dalits / Shyam Babu -- From Zaat to Qaum: fluid contours of the Ravi Dasi identity in Punjab / Surinder S. Jodhka.
- - Caste--India
- - Dalits--India
- - Includes bibliographical references (pages 271-291) and index.
- - Description based on print version record; resource not viewed.
- 1 electronic resource (xii, 304 pages)
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/legalcode External
- Unrestricted online access
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are licensed under open access licenses allowing for the reuse and distribution of each book following the terms described in each license. Researchers should consult the Rights Advisory statement for each title and the accompanying license details for information about rights and permissions associated with each of the licenses.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rawat, Ramnarayan S.Itor, and K.Itor Satyanarayana, editor. Dalit Studies. Durham: Duke University Press, 2016. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020719379/.
APA citation style:
Rawat, R. S. I. & Satyanarayana, K. I., editor. (2016) Dalit Studies. Durham: Duke University Press. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020719379/.
MLA citation style:
Rawat, Ramnarayan S.Itor, and K.Itor Satyanarayana, editor. Dalit Studies. Durham: Duke University Press, 2016. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020719379/>.