Book/Printed Material Balanced account, Cuneiform tablet no. 32
About this Item
- Balanced account, Cuneiform tablet no. 32
- Minassian, Kirkor, former owner.
- Kirkor Minassian Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- [between 2200 B.C. and 1900 B.C.]
- - Cuneiform tablets--Iraq--Drehem (Extinct city)
- - Iraq--Antiquities--Specimens
- - Sumerian language--Texts
- - Drehem (Extinct city)
- - Sumerians--Commerce
- - Sumerians--Economic conditions
- - 2200-1900 B.C
- - This tablet has been heavily damaged on the reverse. The tablet begins with 4 lines stating the receipt of barley, with the total, 29 se gur (29 gur of barley) on line 5. Line 6, sa-bi-ta, means the following amounts are expanded from the total of 29 gur. The five expenditures add up to 29, leaving a balanced account
- - Images, drawings, and transcriptions of the tablets are also available in digital form on the Library of Congress website.
- - Content in Sumerian.
- - Acquired by the Library of Congress in 1929 from art dealer Kirkor Minassian as part of a collection of Islamic bookbindings, manuscripts, textiles, and ceramic and metal objects illustrating the history of the development of writing and book arts in the Middle East.
- - Description from LC Global Gateways metadata
- 1 clay tablet ; 4 1/2 x 9 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- PJ3719 .M56 no. 32
- Cuneiform Tablet Collection
- Library of Congress African and Middle Eastern Division Washington, D.C. 20540
Library of Congress Control Number
- No known restrictions on use or reproduction.
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Cuneiform Tablet Collection are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, African and Middle Eastern Division, Cuneiform Tablet Collection.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Minassian, Kirkor, Former Owner, and Kirkor Minassian Collection. Balanced account, Cuneiform tablet no. 32. [between B.C. and 1900 B.C, 2200] Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020741401/.
APA citation style:
Minassian, K. & Kirkor Minassian Collection. (2200) Balanced account, Cuneiform tablet no. 32. [between B.C. and 1900 B.C] [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020741401/.
MLA citation style:
Minassian, Kirkor, Former Owner, and Kirkor Minassian Collection. Balanced account, Cuneiform tablet no. 32. [between B.C. and 1900 B.C, 2200] Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020741401/>.